My Covid vaccination experience

Received second Pfizer shot two weeks ago. No side effects other than a sore shoulder for a day after the second one. Headed to Namibia next week and I’m wishing the vaccination was widely accepted for international flights and entry. It hasn’t been easy finding labs that can accommodate the PCR testing requirements. PH tells me its not difficult in Windhoek (we’ll see) but it took some searching in PA...
Next week?!! You must provide us with details and a few photos!
Who are you hunting with? What flight? Good luck on your hunt!

Tomorrow might be a different story. Most people I know who have had a reaction (I use this term loosely because it's really just the body doing what it does) have had it on day 2 or so.
Thanks for the heads up on that.
So far so good this morning, other than a really sore left shoulder (injection site). I have to spend a couple hours climbing around in a low-head-clearance attic space today to provide a repair estimate to an insurance company (I still do a *very* limited amount of residential repair work as a "side hustle"), so that may tell the tale once I'm up in there and actually exerting myself physically in a hot and cramped environment.....
Fingers crossed that I am lucky enough to continue to avoid the more negative side effects.

Either way though - even if side effects do develop later today - I much prefer the risk of vaccine side effects to the potential harm of the actual virus. (y)

Got my first shot of Pfizer yesterday, just a slightly sore shoulder, no other issues.

I took my first shot of Pfizer march 25th. Ok first 3 days. Then developed annoying cough. It lasted about 10 days. To day i am taking my second shot. We will see how it goes. Anything abnormal I will post it.
Krish

I had the AstraZeneca Wednesday, was a bit sore yesterday, but today ok. Like others have posted, after 30 year military career there is little that hasn't been inject into my slightly mutated body.

Pat

I will only be taking shots from my rifles....certainly not the crap they are using here.....

Take it what do you have to lose. It will be wonderful. Take it we did.
Screenshot_20210416-190320_Facebook.jpeg

My first Moderna shot was rough for me, headache, muscle aches and even joint aches. Second shot yesterday resulted in headache and a very poor night's sleep. Not as bad as the first but not great.
If the CDC recommends a booster I think I'll pass. It sounds as though that is what is being discussed for the Pfizer.

First Moderna shot was mid-March. A bit of fatigue and a bit of a headache. Sore arm at injection site.

2nd Moderna shot yesterday. Played golf today (My birthday, I was going to play!). Felt a little rough. Very much like flu - aching legs, arms, and a headache. No nausea. Took a Tylenol and a nap early afternoon, felt great. Drove my brother-in-law to the airport and my wife and I went out to dinner. 6 hours later, another Tylenol. Figure tomorrow will be better.

Anyone mind telling us your age and the side effects?

I'm 67 and the first Moderna was just a sore arm. The second one I had the sore arm and chills the night after getting the shot. A little bit of fatigue the second day but I still did what I wanted to do. No fever with either but I did take a couple of Tyrenol when I got home and before I went to bed

I'm 70 had about the same side effects as you did.
Anyone mind telling us your age and the side effects?

I'm 67 and the first Moderna was just a sore arm. The second one I had the sore arm and chills the night after getting the shot. A little bit of fatigue the second day but I still did what I wanted to do. No fever with either but I did take a couple of Tyrenol when I got home and before I went to bed

Ok, update on my 2nd Pfizer injection. (@JimP in answer to your request, I'm a couple weeks shy of 45)

First 24 hours, all was great, honestly had zero symptoms beyond a sore shoulder around the injection site. Went and made an inspection of a local attic for an insurance claim request, requiring me to climb around / crawl around in a cramped attic space. Still all good.
Came home from that, felt fine, and thought I was in the clear.

Then around the 25 hour mark from vaccine dose, it was like someone flipped a light switch.
In the span of a few seconds I went from feeling great to having intense chills, then within a few minutes I had the classic "tender skin" sensation like I had fever, but the thermometer showed I did not.
Body aches, fatigue, and headache followed.
Basically, mild "flu like" symptoms.

The chills subsided fairly quickly (a couple hours or so), the rest of the symptoms lasted approximately 6 or 7 hours before subsiding.

Went to bed feeling exhausted and woke up this morning (I'm about 42 hours out now) feeling perfectly normal.

Honestly, not too bad. I hate feeling weak / sick, but I'm completely fine with having a mild reaction like that to a vaccine VS getting the full-blown "rona".

And if they end up recommending a 12-month booster like I'm hearing rumbles of, I'll take it too.

@JimP I'm 61. See my comments in previous post. 2 days after 2nd Moderna I'm fine. And, my arm isn't as sore at the injection site as the first one.

I thought that it would be interesting on the ages since I read somewhere that us older folks who are getting the vaccinations won't experience as many of the side effects as a younger person.

51 and sore shoulder/sore shoulder with the Moderna version.

56 and completed my second Pfizer shot April 1st.
First shot second day sore arm and a little fatigued.
Second shot no adverse effects on me but wife had mild fever, chills and an all round feeling of unwell the second day.
All good since then!

I'm 53 and got Covid the first week of January. I was on the fence about the vaccine but in the end decided to get it. Work made that easy as they had an onsite event to get the vaccine on Thursday where I got my first shot.

All was fine on Thursday but I did get the sore arm at the injection site. It was sore enough to wake me up. Other than that all was well until about the 22 hour mark after injection. I was at work and working with a colleague when suddenly I just felt like I'd had no sleep the night before I was so tired. After awhile the body aches and headache came on.

Made it to 9pm last night and then went to bed taking an ibuprofen for the headache. That was a mistake as apparently I was running at least some fever. On my bout with Covid in January I took ibuprofen on two nights for fever and the aches. Both nights I woke up later drenched in the cold sweats. The same happened last night, but it only lasted a few hours and I was able to get back to sleep. Feel much better this morning.

Can't wait for that second shot........

I'm 59, and took my first dose of Moderna last Sunday. Woke up Monday to go to work with a sore shoulder. Not long after getting to work, I experienced......

Fever
Sweats
Slight chills
Fatigue
Headache
Irritability

Went to bed Monday night, and couldn't sleep.

I'm with Phil, I just can't wait for the second dose in 2 weeks. LOL.

I'm 59, and took my first dose of Moderna last Sunday. Woke up Monday to go to work with a sore shoulder. Not long after getting to work, I experienced......

Fever
Sweats
Slight chills
Fatigue
Headache
Irritability

Went to bed Monday night, and couldn't sleep.

I'm with Phil, I just can't wait for the second dose in 2 weeks. LOL.
Brent - can't speak to the other symptoms - but you are always irritable. :E Shrug:

I've heard that people that had covid get more of a reaction. I think your suppose to wait 90 days after you had covid to take the shot. Phil you cut it pretty close.
I'm 53 and got Covid the first week of January. I was on the fence about the vaccine but in the end decided to get it. Work made that easy as they had an onsite event to get the vaccine on Thursday where I got my first shot.

All was fine on Thursday but I did get the sore arm at the injection site. It was sore enough to wake me up. Other than that all was well until about the 22 hour mark after injection. I was at work and working with a colleague when suddenly I just felt like I'd had no sleep the night before I was so tired. After awhile the body aches and headache came on.

Made it to 9pm last night and then went to bed taking an ibuprofen for the headache. That was a mistake as apparently I was running at least some fever. On my bout with Covid in January I took ibuprofen on two nights for fever and the aches. Both nights I woke up later drenched in the cold sweats. The same happened last night, but it only lasted a few hours and I was able to get back to sleep. Feel much better this morning.

Can't wait for that second shot........

Reactions: BWH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickolasAr

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg