My Biggest Buffalo Bulls Taken To Date

Aussie_Hunter

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Nice bulls, Aussie hunter.
Fully mature which, to me at least, is more important than size.

Well done, especially that big flood-plain bull.
He was ancient the old broken horn bull out on the flood plain, not sure he would have made it through to the wet season.

Foxi

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
Canada, USA,Austria,Turkey,Tschech Rep.,Poland,Hungary,Serbia,Denmark,Khomas HL and Omaheke/Namibia and England(England is wonderful) Romania,Luangwa/Zambia-,Gwayi/Zimbabwe/- + Save/Zimbabwe/- River. Horseback-tours in South Africa and Botswana.
Great-Waidmannsheil.
But you forgot to tell us the story.
Here a friendly reminder :)

Rum Runner

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Tanzania
Awesome buffalo! I've been to Australia two times (unfortunately, business and not pleasure). The Australian people are truly a pleasure to be around. Its an amazing country, a true treasure.

I second all the sentiment about A-Frames. Here is a pic of the bullet that killed my second Cape Buffalo. He was running, and I shot on the fly. It turned out the bullet (.416 Rigby, 400 gr.) passed through two small trees and hit him in the neck...killing him instantly!
Resized_20201012_173412.jpg

Aussie_Hunter

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Awesome buffalo! I've been to Australia two times (unfortunately, business and not pleasure). The Australian people are truly a pleasure to be around. Its an amazing country, a true treasure.

I second all the sentiment about A-Frames. Here is a pic of the bullet that killed my second Cape Buffalo. He was running, and I shot on the fly. It turned out the bullet (.416 Rigby, 400 gr.) passed through two small trees and hit him in the neck...killing him instantly!View attachment 371703
Is that an A-Frame? Looks very different to every expanded A-frame I have seen but that probably has a bit to do with going through 2 trees first haha

Jon Glajchen

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SAHGCA,NHSA,SA Wingshooters
Hunted
South Africa,Namibia,Botswana
Just a few photos of a couple of the biggest and best buffalo I have taken so far.

Buffalo taken with my RSM in 375H&H using Norma factory ammo loaded with 300 grain Swift A-Frames.

Already looking forward to getting back to the NT for my next buffalo hunt in 2021, it can't come soon enough.

View attachment 370940View attachment 370941View attachment 370942View attachment 370943View attachment 370944View attachment 370945View attachment 370946
Would love to hunt Buff in Australia. My boy lives in Melbourne, maybe in the not too distant future we will be able to arrange it.
Those are fantastic bulls!

Last edited:

PaulT

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
S.C.I. International. Rowland Ward. Sporting shooters Association of Australia. Australian Deer Association.
Hunted
Aus. N.Z & Zim.
Jon, i live in Melbourne too.

Like your Son, we are experiencing one of the toughest lock-downs imposed on the population anywhere in the World.
I hope your Son is holding up well as we near some form of "normality".

Best wishes.

Jon Glajchen

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SAHGCA,NHSA,SA Wingshooters
Hunted
South Africa,Namibia,Botswana
Jon, i live in Melbourne too.

Like your Son, we are experiencing one of the toughest lock-downs imposed on the population anywhere in the World.
I hope your Son is holding up well as we near some form of "normality".

Best wishes.
Thank you for your kind wishes Paul.

He was supposed to come hunting in SA in April and was bringing his lovely wife with him.She is an aspiring hunter but to date has only range time to her credit. As you know the Melbourne lockdown put paid to all that. We can only hope and pray that the world will return to normality and that we can all get back to the way thing were and start living our dreams.

Best regards

Jon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeriMacDon

Latest profile posts

DGGardner wrote on Rare Breed's profile.
I'm sure I am a day late and a dollar short but if the deal on the .416 falls through let me know and I will buy it.
Pondoro wrote on Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS's profile.
Hello...could you please pm me regarding what species available on this fly-camp offer....can cape buffalo be taken for instance..? Trophy prices..?
matt vejar wrote on kevin masters's profile.
Kevin,
Played rookie league for the Yankees in Paintsville after winning the College World Series at Fullerton State, in1979. All I could think about was the movie “Deliverance”- lived up in a hollow with some other players. Refused to go on a moonshine run because it was a dry county-no way. Met some of the nicest people on the planet there! Van Lear the home of Loretta Lynn was highlight of summer LOL.
Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards
Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...