MTM cartridge box for 9.3x62?

Tam Dl

AH veteran
Reaction score
I need a box to store my 9.3x62 ammo in. I bought a box that was only partially successful, I think I have to store point down, it only works in one direction. That box is about 1000 miles distant at the moment. Choices appear to be 30-06 size boxes, or ones that handle up to .375 H&H. I currently am plinking with handloads using Prvi 286 bullets, but I have a range of bullets that includes less dense brass monos, so it is important that any box has some room to accommodate these longer bullets. Though the 30-06 box one might think might be able to handle 220 grs, and monos, so who know.

Any idea as to which size is best?

CharlesT

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Your magazine and chamber will limit the length of the cartridge. Mono metal or other longer bullets project more into the case. The COL will remain the same.

A case for 30-06 will be fine.

CT

MS 9x56

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
So far everything I have reloaded including barnes 286 grain solids have fit in the 30-06 boxes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zelda2003

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh