MOZAMBIQUE: Return To Mozambique With Mashambanzou Safaris

A read like this makes the lust for a wild Mozambique adventure grow immensely.

I'm telling you.... The wild places are where it's at! It's just different, and the cost difference isn't what many think it is. I will give up a few animals all day long for the added experience.

Enjoyed the report, congrats on a successful hunt

Hi Joe.....I remember perfectly how much I enjoyed your 2014 Mozambique report, and this is not the exception.....what can I say.....what a place, what a trophies, what a hunt you did......just a dreamed hunt.
I was thinking in those first nine bullets........oh man.....you made each one worth, for sure.......all is a part of the whole experiencie.....just those things add some pepper to any good storie.....!!!!!

Thanks Joe for another great hunting storie......thanks for sharing with us......!!!!!

Glad you had such a successful time despite such challenging circumstances! I felt a twinge of apprehension with those random handloads! Congratulations(y)

Wild places are hard to find these days .
Even here in New zealand big business wants to push more and more roads into our remote and unique wilderness areas .
All for the sake of asian tourists , but thats another story .
You have certainlly found a wild untouched place in this hunt .
You have certainally fueled my fire for a hunt in Mozambique .
My wife has fallen in love with Eland after seeing a wonderfull mounted bull in Namibia .
Your oustanding Eland you shot has certainlly helped my cause !!
Thanks for the report and outstanding photos .
If this report is the one that swings my wife then I owe you a scotch or 3 !
Cheers Dory .:D Drunk:

Hi Joe.....I remember perfectly how much I enjoyed your 2014 Mozambique report, and this is not the exception.....what can I say.....what a place, what a trophies, what a hunt you did......just a dreamed hunt.
I was thinking in those first nine bullets........oh man.....you made each one worth, for sure.......all is a part of the whole experiencie.....just those things add some pepper to any good storie.....!!!!!

Thanks Joe for another great hunting storie......thanks for sharing with us......!!!!!
Thanks brother. As soon as the other couple finalizes their dates, we'll confirm three days of duck shooting with your folks for fall of 2019. Be well.

What a grand hunt and challenging especially without your gear! Man am I jealous! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks brother. As soon as the other couple finalizes their dates, we'll confirm three days of duck shooting with your folks for fall of 2019. Be well.

Glad to hear that Joe.....I gonna be waiting to hunt with you again........We stay in touch......(y)

Glad you had such a successful time despite such challenging circumstances! I felt a twinge of apprehension with those random handloads! Congratulations(y)
LOL. Me too.

One last video clip shows Boet and I approaching our down buff.

Congratulations on a great adventure in a wild place. Love the Suni!

R.

Fantastic hunt RL. What a collection of truly great trophies.

Wish you had been able to have your ammo for the entire hunt, but glad things worked out.

In your opinion, were the exit holes on the hydrosolids smaller than they would have been with A frames? Especially on the small animals.

What a great hunt and report. Africa does get in your blood.

Fantastic hunt RL. What a collection of truly great trophies.

Wish you had been able to have your ammo for the entire hunt, but glad things worked out.

In your opinion, were the exit holes on the hydrosolids smaller than they would have been with A frames? Especially on the small animals.

The hydro makes a .375 hole coming and going just like any other solid. I used them with no issues on the suni and duiker like any other solid. An A-Frame might have disemboweled either. Looking at the Nyala and waterbuck, I would guess the cup frontal inflicts twice the internal damage of a flat head solid such as Federal's Hammerhead. The Swift A-Frame hits with more immediate authority, and causes more - though not necessarily more lethal - immediate damage. It also will not typically exit a large animal like a buff or eland. Not a bad thing on a normal first shot presentation, but it takes a raking shot off the table. On my buff, the A Frame was under the offside hide. The shot took out everything across the top of the heart. Had I hit him with the hydro in the same place, the bullet would have exited and taken out almost everything above the heart. He might have gone another ten paces before piling up.

Hydro's negative is a pass-thru in a herd. Positives are a pass-thru on every other occasion (much easier blood trail) and turns the rear raking shot into a lethal option on even the largest game. They also shoot into one ragged hole in my R8.

The hydro makes a .375 hole coming and going just like any other solid. I used them with no issues on the suni and duiker like any other solid. An A-Frame might have disemboweled either. Looking at the Nyala and waterbuck, I would guess the cup frontal inflicts twice the internal damage of a flat head solid such as Federal's Hammerhead. The Swift A-Frame hits with more immediate authority, and causes more - though not necessarily more lethal - immediate damage. It also will not typically exit a large animal like a buff or eland. Not a bad thing on a normal first shot presentation, but it takes a raking shot off the table. On my buff, the A Frame was under the offside hide. The shot took out everything across the top of the heart. Had I hit him with the hydro in the same place, the bullet would have exited and taken out almost everything above the heart. He might have gone another ten paces before piling up.

Hydro's negative is a pass-thru in a herd. Positives are a pass-thru on every other occasion (much easier blood trail) and turns the rear raking shot into a lethal option on even the largest game. They also shoot into one ragged hole in my R8.

Thanks for the informations.

Really enjoyed your report.

MARVELOUS(y)(y)(y)

This week in my Outdoor Adventure Classes we are doing a unit on outdoor writers. I started the unit with the declaration, "If you can't tell the story, the adventure did not happen. It is your duty to tell the story so other adventures can live the adventure while planning their next adventure."

Thank you for doing your duty. The day starts with a big :D.

What a great hunt with a little adversity thrown in the mix!

Thank you for sharing the experience!

Edge

Just, WOW!

Joe, I appreciate your style all the way round. Thanks.

Congrats on the hunt!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg