MOZAMBIQUE: My safari With Juan Pace Of Chasseurs de Mocambique

The investment guy may or may not be legit. Just part of the game.

If you are not paying a Mocambique registered Company, operating in Mocambique, with licences and tax registration in Mocambique I would have serious concerns about the operation being legit.

Head to the Mocambique Government for some regulations.
REGULAMENTO-DE-C.-PROFISSIONAL-3a-VERSAO-07 Setembro-2019

The name sake, apparently legit french company that appears to be an agent representing a host of hunting companies operating throughout Africa.

Chasseurs de Mocambique (French, not Portuguese)

Website registration FRANCE

Above: The name the OP uses. Mistake? Not likely, just abbreviate the name, its easier. (As noted below)

Face Book The true lurking/hunting ground for JP in the past.

The Company name being used on FB. Notice the differences?

Chasseurs de Mocambique - Classic East African Safaris

Screenshot 2023-11-03 at 20.56.29.png

Website Registrant Country: ZA
Notice the email address is different YET AGAIN. That website is registered in Arizona.

Any red flags yet?

A PT Barnum attribution comes to mind.

It's not my intention to change anyone's mind, or convince anybody to book with Juan Pace. I don't have any ulterior motive; I'm not receiving any benefit or hint of reward for my post. I'm simply giving an honest account of my personal experience, which concluded with a positive recommendation. Take it as you will, but I won't argue with anyone's response. Believe me or not, criticize me or don't, it makes no difference to me.
But I will honor the request to post more pictures.

IMG-20230831-WA0017.jpg
Resized_IMG_0421-1_249769983637809.jpg
IMG-20230902-WA0038.jpg
IMG-20230902-WA0017.jpg
Resized_IMG-20230903-WA0017.jpg
IMG-20230915-WA0003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I sincerely hope that all of your trophies make it home to you safely and in good condition with no more surprises.
Congratulations, I am pleased you enjoyed your hunt.

It's not my intention to change anyone's mind, or convince anybody to book with Juan Pace. I don't have any ulterior motive; I'm not receiving any benefit or hint of reward for my post. I'm simply giving an honest account of my personal experience, which concluded with a positive recommendation. Take it as you will, but I won't argue with anyone's response. Believe me or not, criticize me or don't, it makes no difference to me.
But I will honor the request to post more pictures.

View attachment 567591View attachment 567592View attachment 567593View attachment 567594View attachment 567595View attachment 567596
good trophies

I am still curious about the additional $25k. I would have thought that safari, all in would be about $60k. That’s a pretty big chunk of total value coming as a surprise after the fact. Perhaps totally in line, just feels wrong.

There've been a couple questions about the price, so this is what my brother and I got, and how much it cost.
15 days in Niassa, Mozambique:
Leopard, Cape Buffalo, Sable, Warthog, Niassa Wildebeest, Waterbuck, Baboon
14 days in Limpopo, South Africa:
Sable, Gemsbok, Kudu
$65K

You got some nice trophies. Congratulations on your hunt and thanks for the report.

Exactly my first thought after the second paragraph.
Positive reviews and recommendations are definitely PR, you're right about that. However, I did not receive any compensation or promise of benefit for what I wrote. You insinuate that my post is not a legitimate review and recommendation. Do you have any facts or evidence to support the formation of your opinion?

There've been a couple questions about the price, so this is what my brother and I got, and how much it cost.
Sable, Gemsbok, Kudu
$65K

65 all in is a fair price for that hunt if that includes the 25. Congrats on a grand adventure.

@GreenT I won’t put words in anyone’s mouth, but @spike.t said it sounds like a PR write up. @Proneshooter agreed. I agree. No facts or evidence. Just a gut feel. The operator in question could sure use some good PR on this board. If not, I apologize to you and glad you had what looks like a super safari. For the life of me though, I can’t imagine arriving home and finding a 25K hickey staring me in the face. I’ve never left Africa but that the outstanding balance was set in stone and agreed upon.

Sable, Gemsbok, Kudu
$65K
I was asking a legitimate question. With so many bad reviews what led you to booking with this outfitter? It’s a lot of money to risk when others can offer the same hunt who have good reputations.

I was asking a legitimate question. With so many bad reviews what led you to booking with this outfitter? It’s a lot of money to risk when others can offer the same hunt who have good reputations.

:D Pop Popcorn:....nah while waiting I am going to have a few of these as well...pop corn socks....:D Beer Draft::D Beer Bottle::E Big Grin:

There aren't actually "so many bad reviews". What I found was a couple negative stories and a lot of speculation which created an impression that just propagated on and on. If 100 people say "I heard bad things about so-and-so" because one person posted a negative experience, that doesn't mean there were 100 bad reviews, nor does it validate the initial person's bad experience. I do not make important decisions based on rumors, or someone else's "gut feeling".
To answer your specific question as to why I booked with Juan Pace, it was a matter of the people, the place, and the price. I communicated with JP quite a bit before the safari, and we hit it off; the price was very attractive; and Niassa is a dream destination for anyone hunting Africa. Yes, I regret the misunderstanding regarding the billing - which I must repeat was overwhelmingly my fault - but the hunt itself was an awesome experience beyond words to describe.
I am grateful to JP for his safari. It was the most fantastic hunting experience of my life, one that few people in the world will share. I simply cannot overstate how great the people, the animals, the food, the service, the country - EVERYTHING - actually was! People with an opinion and an internet connection can cast doubt, criticize, troll... but unless they have true experience or valid information then their ramblings are of no consequence. I respect the poor interactions other people have had with JP - I've no reason to doubt their honesty. But my experience was very different, and I bothered to give an honest accounting of it. There's nothing in it for me, other than to share the hunt of a lifetime with a like-minded fellowship.
I appreciate the valid questions people have regarding my safari, and would like to continue the discussion, but I don't speak for Juan Pace. His contact information is easily accessible if you have questions for him.

Jeez you can't have looked that well.....anyone that would touch him with a barge pole needs their head examined....fk me....:E Doh:
This is your unbiased, no conflict of interest, first hand knowledge expression of fact?

This is your unbiased, no conflict of interest, first hand knowledge expression of fact?

Not biased or conflict of interest at all, don't operate in moz or sa.....but have read on here, but also heard ( from friends in sa in this business ) so many total fkn rip offs , and nightmare shit that how he is still operating fk knows....and please tell him ...all my contact info is on my header....can't be arsed with people who are fktards....simple....seems you lucked out.. but as @BRICKBURN said hope you get your trophies...

You definitely know what you're talking about, right? Not just repeating what you heard? Right?

There aren't actually "so many bad reviews". What I found was a couple negative stories and a lot of speculation which created an impression that just propagated on and on. If 100 people say "I heard bad things about so-and-so" because one person posted a negative experience, that doesn't mean there were 100 bad reviews, nor does it validate the initial person's bad experience. I do not make important decisions based on rumors, or someone else's "gut feeling".
To answer your specific question as to why I booked with Juan Pace, it was a matter of the people, the place, and the price. I communicated with JP quite a bit before the safari, and we hit it off; the price was very attractive; and Niassa is a dream destination for anyone hunting Africa. Yes, I regret the misunderstanding regarding the billing - which I must repeat was overwhelmingly my fault - but the hunt itself was an awesome experience beyond words to describe.
I am grateful to JP for his safari. It was the most fantastic hunting experience of my life, one that few people in the world will share. I simply cannot overstate how great the people, the animals, the food, the service, the country - EVERYTHING - actually was! People with an opinion and an internet connection can cast doubt, criticize, troll... but unless they have true experience or valid information then their ramblings are of no consequence. I respect the poor interactions other people have had with JP - I've no reason to doubt their honesty. But my experience was very different, and I bothered to give an honest accounting of it. There's nothing in it for me, other than to share the hunt of a lifetime with a like-minded fellowship.
I appreciate the valid questions people have regarding my safari, and would like to continue the discussion, but I don't speak for Juan Pace. His contact information is easily accessible if you have questions for him.
I could agree with you speculation can create the impression of more negative reviews than there really are, but if there is truth that his PHASA membership was revoked after review that would be too much for me to overlook. I thought possibly you booked through an agent you trust or on the recommendation of friends who had successful hunts and got their trophies home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DottyB500

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.