Mounting Swarovski Z6 on winchester safari express

canuck4570

AH member
Reaction score
Media
I have a Swarovski Z6 1-6x24 EE to put on my comming Winchester Model 70 safari express in 458
I have read that the large eye boxe of this scope may require a higher set of rings than the low ones
anyone has experience on this
thank

Canuck

I have a Swarovski Z6 1-6x24 EE to put on my comming Winchester Model 70 safari express in 458
I have read that the large eye boxe of this scope may require a higher set of rings than the low ones
anyone has experience on this
thank

Canuck
Strangely I have the same gun and scope so I shall be paying attention to this as well.

No I have to mount mine as well

I have this scope mounted on my M70 in .375. The Talley QD low rings were too low but the Leupold QRW with low rings worked fine. I prefer the Talley’s but I don’t want to raise the scope up that far.

correct me if I am wrong
the Leupold may fit with the low ring but the base is higher so it come to the same hight if you would of take the talley with medium ring

Reactions: WAB
I believe that it is lower than the Talley with the med ring. I may be wrong, but if what you say is true, I’m pretty sure it would be in Talley mounts.

Sorry, it’s been a while since I mounted it. Wish I was more help.

You need warne or tally medium in order to clear the bolt. The eyepiece is a little large. Plenty of clearance on medium. Depending on how you open the bolt you possibly could use low but I believe you will need to palm it. this is a Warne medium

B9BBFC4B-2529-449D-8E99-002D374D9238.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JHT
You need warne or tally medium in order to clear the bolt. The eyepiece is a little large. Plenty of clearance on medium. Depending on how you open the bolt you possibly could use low but I believe you will need to palm it. this is a Warne medium
on what rifle is it mounted Tucketed
and thank that helps

I hate to be the one to suggest this, but you can buy both options and just keep the one that works the best for you. Return the other to midway or brownells or wherever you bought them from-

I hate to be the one to suggest this, but you can buy both options and just keep the one that works the best for you. Return the other to midway or brownells or wherever you bought them from-
I live in Canada and its ha¶d to import
I have contatd NEAR rings and his rings ar∂ just a pic of hart
looks them up

I live in Canada and its ha¶d to import
I have contatd NEAR rings and his rings ar∂ just a pic of hart
looks them up
whats your timeline?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg