Mounting Swarovski Z6 on winchester safari express

canuck4570

AH member
Reaction score
Media
I have a Swarovski Z6 1-6x24 EE to put on my comming Winchester Model 70 safari express in 458
I have read that the large eye boxe of this scope may require a higher set of rings than the low ones
anyone has experience on this
thank

Canuck

thriller

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NWTF, NRA, DU, SCI and QDMA
Hunted
Countries: Argentina, United States and Zimbabwe States: AL, LA, FL, MS, Tenn., SD, ND, IA, NE, KN,SC, GA, TX and NC
I have a Swarovski Z6 1-6x24 EE to put on my comming Winchester Model 70 safari express in 458
I have read that the large eye boxe of this scope may require a higher set of rings than the low ones
anyone has experience on this
thank

Canuck
Strangely I have the same gun and scope so I shall be paying attention to this as well.

thriller

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Hunted
Countries: Argentina, United States and Zimbabwe States: AL, LA, FL, MS, Tenn., SD, ND, IA, NE, KN,SC, GA, TX and NC
No I have to mount mine as well

WAB

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
I have this scope mounted on my M70 in .375. The Talley QD low rings were too low but the Leupold QRW with low rings worked fine. I prefer the Talley’s but I don’t want to raise the scope up that far.

canuck4570

AH member
Reaction score
Media
correct me if I am wrong
the Leupold may fit with the low ring but the base is higher so it come to the same hight if you would of take the talley with medium ring

Reactions: WAB

WAB

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
I believe that it is lower than the Talley with the med ring. I may be wrong, but if what you say is true, I’m pretty sure it would be in Talley mounts.

WAB

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Sorry, it’s been a while since I mounted it. Wish I was more help.

Tucketed

Silver supporter
AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
You need warne or tally medium in order to clear the bolt. The eyepiece is a little large. Plenty of clearance on medium. Depending on how you open the bolt you possibly could use low but I believe you will need to palm it. this is a Warne medium

B9BBFC4B-2529-449D-8E99-002D374D9238.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JHT

canuck4570

AH member
Reaction score
Media
You need warne or tally medium in order to clear the bolt. The eyepiece is a little large. Plenty of clearance on medium. Depending on how you open the bolt you possibly could use low but I believe you will need to palm it. this is a Warne medium
on what rifle is it mounted Tucketed
and thank that helps

Firebird

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa
I hate to be the one to suggest this, but you can buy both options and just keep the one that works the best for you. Return the other to midway or brownells or wherever you bought them from-

canuck4570

AH member
Reaction score
Media
I hate to be the one to suggest this, but you can buy both options and just keep the one that works the best for you. Return the other to midway or brownells or wherever you bought them from-
I live in Canada and its ha¶d to import
I have contatd NEAR rings and his rings ar∂ just a pic of hart
looks them up

thriller

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Hunted
I live in Canada and its ha¶d to import
I have contatd NEAR rings and his rings ar∂ just a pic of hart
looks them up
whats your timeline?

Mark Biggerstaff

Silver supporter
Bronze supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
I called Talley and told them the gun and scope combo and they know what mounts and rings to send. I have done this on 7 rifles and all are perfect for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LionelAmad

Latest profile posts

degoins wrote on Treemantwo's profile.
I have a like new VC .450 I might part with. I had it built in 2013 and it has served me well. Also have a VC fitted leather trunk case for it along with the plastic case it came with. I'll take 14000 for all of it.
Matt W wrote on Jody's profile.
Hi Jody,
I have been looking for ideas on the best way to display my European mounts from Africa. I came across some of your shield work and was wondering if you would be willing to make one for me? If so, please let me know the cost. I like the shield with the two spears that you built for a member years ago. Thanks.
cal pappas wrote on Mnelson2's profile.
Nelson. Is this message a PM format. I want to send you my email, but don't know if this is the cirrect way to do it. I'm at <pappas@mtaonline.net> Send me an email with your phone and I will call you about a skull I have. I went to school in Boston and am from Bernardston in the west part of the state. Moved to Alaska in 1984 adn never looked back.
BeeMaa wrote on Justbryan's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. He was a pleasure to do business with.
BeeMaa wrote on 375Fox's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. Was a pleasure to do business with.