Mountain lion sightings

Hoas

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
This seems to be occurring more and more. These happened in just two days. A videos included

Mountain lion sighting has San Jose neighbors vigilant

SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) --
Springtime is the season when newborn mountain lion cubs are growing quickly and developing good appetites. And their hunger appears to be the reason why mountain lion sightings appear to be on the rise. One was spotted this week in San Jose and there was a possible sighting in San Mateo Thursday morning.

This is why residents of one San Jose neighborhood are spending more time indoors.

VIDEO: Mountain lion spotted outside Salesforce CEO's SF home

Video of a mountain lion captured on a home security system in the eastern foothills of San Jose's Alum Rock area has residents on the alert.

"We definitely are not walking, I'll tell you that much," said resident Patricia Darquea. "We love to walk in the evening because we do have beautiful views, but right now, we're steadfast, and we just stay more or less around the grounds."

Neighbors have been alerting each other on social media. The concern for some residents could be their pets -- their dogs and cats and other animals -- who could become food of opportunity for the mountain lions. Besides her dog Lucci, Darquea has a second dog and a coop filled with chickens. Wildlife experts believe mountain lions may be leaving their habitat in the undeveloped hills in search of food.

VIDEO: Mountain lion caught on camera on Hillsborough porch

Two San Mateo schools were briefly put on shelter-in-place status for about 40 minutes when a parent driving a child to school believes he saw a mountain lion in the vicinity of Fernwood St. and 36th Avenue. Fifteen hundred students at Hillsdale High School and 850 at Abbott Middle School were impacted while police and state wildlife officers searched the area. No mountain lion was found.

A resident who lives across from one of the schools is out in her yard every morning to tend to her garden. She is hoping not to encounter a mountain lion.

"If it happens," said Alena Yermakova, "I'm going to be in my back yard immediately. Maybe I will call the police, of course."

Click here for more stories and video on mountain lion sightings.

http://abc7news.com/pets-animals/mountain-lion-sighting-has-sj-neighbors-vigilant/3367659/

Mountain lion kills horse on west end of Quincy

By Roni Java

A 32-year-old mare was killed by a mountain lion in the predawn hours of April 16 on the west end of Quincy, along Spanish Creek off Beskeen Lane, east of Gansner Park.

Accessed from the county park off Highway 70, as well as along Beskeen, the south side of the creek is a popular gathering place year-round for joggers, students, picnickers and families with pets.

The community is urged to exercise caution and be aware while in the area; mountain lions are nocturnal and opportunistic predators.

The lion was determined to be female and in the company of two “very tiny” kittens, according to California Department of Fish and Wildlife officials who worked with a licensed private tracker and verified the lion killed the horse for prey.

“We live in this beautiful area and it’s easy to let our guard down,” said DFW Lt. Kyle Kroll who oversees wildlife management in Lassen, Plumas and central Butte County. “We’re in the middle of amazing mountain lion territory. It’s not necessarily any more dangerous than anywhere else; it’s just good to be aware that this is their habitat,” Kroll noted.

More information on this story will be available in the April 25 edition of the newspaper.

http://www.plumasnews.com/mountain-lion-kills-horse-on-west-end-of-quincy/

In Boulder, CO a friend of mine sent me a picture of a mountain lion sleeping in his yard on Bluff St. It is pretty much in the middle of town.
Californians and college students have taken over the city. I moved out 20 years ago when the handwriting was on the wall that it was becoming overly liberal. Now it is just another crowded city full of trust funders as friends tell me. Google is moving in another thousand employees making it a miniature California.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pace88win__

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you