Most beautiful antelope?

Most beautiful antelope?

  • Bongo

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Kudu

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Impala

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Sable

    Votes: 26 33.8%
  • Gemsbok/Oryx

    Votes: 15 19.5%
  • Nyala

    Votes: 20 26.0%
  • Lesser Kudu

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Eland

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Bushbuck

    Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Other

    Votes: 10 13.0%

  • Total voters
    77
Wow, interesting post! Eland are my favorite antelope to hunt. As far as most beautiful, it would be tough for me to choose between kudu and nyala.
 
@Kevin Peacocke ,

You should see if @BRICKBURN can add a poll to the original post. Just my 2 c

Maybe make it 5 choices and 1 "other"

Based on the choices I have read through already: Sable, Gemsbok, Bongo, Kudu, Nylala, other.
Good idea, be my guest. Ok, list five, choose one and we can add up after a while, maybe a few days. @BRICKBURN?
 
1.Bongo - coloration - it’s not even close IMHO.
2. Sable
3. Nyla or sable could be interchangeable.
4. Grant’s Gazelle or kudu - tough call for me.
5. Kudu or oryx/gemsbok
 
Last edited:
CD668A29-E638-41B8-86D2-7AC25411E58F.jpeg
 
34594FA1-6141-4091-9428-DAA5D8BEA996.jpeg

Similar to kudu but more hair and colors. From a distance, nyala appear blue to me.
 
3EE25546-40B6-4E6F-9B2E-8DC5B26D6DC6.jpeg

Grant’s look really cool and also love Robert’s gazelle
 
1. LDE
2. Nyala
3. Kudu
4. Black Lechwe
5. Bongo
6. Sable
7. Grants/Roberts
8. Springbok
9. Thompson
10. Harnessed Bushbuck
 
I almost put these guys on my post. What a beautiful animal. Love the horns. But expensive to hunt no?
Tanzania, in general, is expensive but trophy fee on GG was just $800.
 
One thing we can all agree on is that all the ones mentioned are beautiful. It's hard to rank them. There are a few I don't have such as harnessed bushbuck, LDE, mountain nyala and gemsbok/oryx. Maybe someday! I do have a fringe-eared orxy from TZ but still want a gemsbok from Namibia or somewhere.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,426
Messages
1,575,808
Members
170,390
Latest member
DYOHenriet
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top