Mossberg Shockwave

Daniel Cary

AH legend
Joined
Oct 22, 2019
Messages
2,755
Reaction score
4,046
Location
Michigan
Media
37
My Ma @ 76yrs old purchased this, she really liked the way it looked. I didn't really see the appeal, it's not a pistol, nor a long gun. I've shot it a couple times, and though unorthodox, thought it is cool.

shockwave.jpg


 
Last edited:
GET HER A SHORTY SHELL ADAPTER AT opsolmini-clip.com AND LOAD HER UP WITH A BUNCH OF 1-3/4" BUCKSHOT.
 
GET HER A SHORTY SHELL ADAPTER AT opsolmini-clip.com AND LOAD HER UP WITH A BUNCH OF 1-3/4" BUCKSHOT.
My brother suggested that .. I don't think she could handle that ;)

Theirs 3", lol on her bedside.
 
My Ma @ 76yrs old purchased this, she really liked the way it looked. I didn't really see the appeal, it's not a pistol, nor a long gun. I've shot it a couple times, and though unorthodox, thought it is cool.

View attachment 672028

If she likes it good for her.
I hate the cut down shotguns my self
To much on the job use and early breaching slugs
I have 1 but it is 410 it stores easy on the tractor for dealing with snakes
 
A friend went thru his stuff and found a Surefire forend from a Mossberg 14" 590. He is gonna give it to me.
 
If she likes it good for her.
I hate the cut down shotguns my self
To much on the job use and early breaching slugs
I have 1 but it is 410 it stores easy on the tractor for dealing with snakes
That's interesting. .. I've past these quotes to her, in good favor.
 
I watched the video you posted. If the recoil treats you like that, your mother may want to consider starting out with some reduced power loads.

Full house 00-BUCK is no joke. Couple that with zero recoil mitigation (pump, SxS or O/U) and no butt stock...it could be a recipe for an extremely unpleasant experience.

I applaud her for the enthusiasm she's showing. I'd just recommend a level of caution to be given that's appropriate for her experience with firearms. Specifically, very powerful firearms that were designed to be shot from the shoulder, not as a pistol.
 
Have been down this road with my father who has tremors in his hands , Canuck defenders mossberg cruisers pistol grip 870s tried the works only two that he could actually hold and fire well was a mossberg 510 in 410 with a pistol grip and a paratrooper 30 carbine with the wire stock removed.
 
One thing about it, if that noisy SOB ever goes off inside a house even the folks that are supposed to be there are leaving....

You haven't mentioned if she has shot it yet....I am going to bet that once is enough....But hey, I have been wrong before....
 
The 1.75” mini shells would be good for her. Mine feeds them without modification needed.

Low recoil 2.75” shells should be ok too.

I recommend wrapping the grip in tennis wrap. It absorbs a ton of recoil and keeps it from slipping in the hand.
 
I own one of these (bought it for snakes) and it’s a fun handful. My take on 3” buckshot - don’t do it. It’s fine for shooting from the hip, but don’t try to aim with it. I was trying to kill a pig with mine stuffed full of 000 3” Remington off of palo duro canyon. No pigs were spotted, so I decided to plug some close range prairie dogs. I contorted out the pickup window to blast one a few yards away. Damn thing slipped out of my hands, flew back and smacked me in the mouth. Landed near the prairie dog on the ground. I left with a bruised mouth, the prairie dog was obliterated.

I’d suggest putting an XS bead on it, made mine shoot to point of aim. I always had the intention of registering it as a short barreled shotgun as it would be handy as heck with a stock. It does pattern fantastic surprisingly.
 
I shoot 12 ga dove loads out of mine for snakes, recoil is not noticeable. Had a crimson trace on it that was spot on.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,303
Messages
1,572,200
Members
169,508
Latest member
rubberwebshop
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top