Midwest Member

Hello,

Thanks for the add here. I’m a long time hunter, reloaded, adventures, shooter. I’m mostly jumped on here to learn about double rifles, and eventually get over to Africa on a hunt or two..or ten.

thanks

Welcome aboard @Desert_Demon . I realize this is a somewhat anonymous internet site, but you'd be surprised how many real-world friendships are formed here. If you're comfortable doing so, I'd encourage you to post the general region of the midwest you're from. We do a lot of get-togethers and you may find yourself tied into the local scene if you're willing to share a bit about yourself.

P.S. - The reason for usernames rather than real names on this forum isn't due to the hunting community, only due to the anti-hunting community. There are enemies that view this forum hoping to create a sensational hit piece in the liberal media about hunters. This is especially true for our UK and California readers. Bottom line, share what you feel comfortable sharing, but understand that its a friendly place that is unfortunately viewable by the whole world, including antis.
 
Welcome to AH @Desert_Demon ! I’m sure you’ll have a great time here!
 
Welcome to AH! Glad you found us and joined our community. Enjoy the site and have fun planning!
 
@rookhawk Thanks All! Im currently in AZ. Had lots of opportunities for long range shooting and hunting. I’m pretty competitive in PRS. Enjoyed that for a while. I’m moving back to OK in the summer.
In the very early stages of planning a safari hunt. Ideally in a few years when my kids are bit older.
 
Hello,

Thanks for the add here. I’m a long time hunter, reloaded, adventures, shooter. I’m mostly jumped on here to learn about double rifles, and eventually get over to Africa on a hunt or two..or ten.

thanks
Welcome, to a likeminded place!!
 
Perhaps I should start a new thread for this. But really looking into a 470 Nitro Double.

1) Anyone want to chime in on getting a Sabatti Double? For 7k it’s hard to beat the price.
2) on that. Is Ken Owens still in business? I wonder what his thoughts are on the current Sabattis?
3) what dies have people has best results with on 470?

thanks
 
Welcome to you!
 
@rookhawk Thanks All! Im currently in AZ. Had lots of opportunities for long range shooting and hunting. I’m pretty competitive in PRS. Enjoyed that for a while. I’m moving back to OK in the summer.
In the very early stages of planning a safari hunt. Ideally in a few years when my kids are bit older.

Welcome. So why is the post entitled "Midwest Member"? :)
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome and look forward to your participation!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,276
Messages
1,571,456
Members
169,359
Latest member
PatRoseby9
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top