Midwest Member

Hello,

Thanks for the add here. I’m a long time hunter, reloaded, adventures, shooter. I’m mostly jumped on here to learn about double rifles, and eventually get over to Africa on a hunt or two..or ten.

thanks

Welcome aboard @Desert_Demon . I realize this is a somewhat anonymous internet site, but you'd be surprised how many real-world friendships are formed here. If you're comfortable doing so, I'd encourage you to post the general region of the midwest you're from. We do a lot of get-togethers and you may find yourself tied into the local scene if you're willing to share a bit about yourself.

P.S. - The reason for usernames rather than real names on this forum isn't due to the hunting community, only due to the anti-hunting community. There are enemies that view this forum hoping to create a sensational hit piece in the liberal media about hunters. This is especially true for our UK and California readers. Bottom line, share what you feel comfortable sharing, but understand that its a friendly place that is unfortunately viewable by the whole world, including antis.

Welcome to AH @Desert_Demon ! I’m sure you’ll have a great time here!

@rookhawk Thanks All! Im currently in AZ. Had lots of opportunities for long range shooting and hunting. I’m pretty competitive in PRS. Enjoyed that for a while. I’m moving back to OK in the summer.
In the very early stages of planning a safari hunt. Ideally in a few years when my kids are bit older.

Hello,

Thanks for the add here. I’m a long time hunter, reloaded, adventures, shooter. I’m mostly jumped on here to learn about double rifles, and eventually get over to Africa on a hunt or two..or ten.

thanks
Welcome, to a likeminded place!!

Perhaps I should start a new thread for this. But really looking into a 470 Nitro Double.

1) Anyone want to chime in on getting a Sabatti Double? For 7k it’s hard to beat the price.
2) on that. Is Ken Owens still in business? I wonder what his thoughts are on the current Sabattis?
3) what dies have people has best results with on 470?

thanks

Welcome to you!

@rookhawk Thanks All! Im currently in AZ. Had lots of opportunities for long range shooting and hunting. I’m pretty competitive in PRS. Enjoyed that for a while. I’m moving back to OK in the summer.
In the very early stages of planning a safari hunt. Ideally in a few years when my kids are bit older.

Welcome. So why is the post entitled "Midwest Member"? :)

Welcome to AH!

Welcome and look forward to your participation!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg