Method Of Payment

Not an AH sale but GI. Per forum advice Talked to the guy about hour, liked what I heard. USPS Mailed a bank cashiers check, then kept asking was it delivered (come to past he had the tracking number), then demanded once delivered, shipping out with 2 day delivery, then said check was delivered and demanded the rifle the next day!
Could not find the check and he emailed a pic of the delivery confirmation but cut off the leading digits. So thinking scan. Previously, he did email a photo of the check and was able to confirm was legit. Finally got the confirmation complete tracking and PO confirmed was delivered but no letter.
Finally, next day letter in mail box. Buyer want check returned but refused to pay for gun dealer time boxing and preparing to ship and return check via 2 day priority mail.
Anyhow, I usps the check back with signature.
So, the phone call went well and guy was legit but turned out to be “flaky” and we got frazzled thinking was a scam and then both sides went of the reservation!
So now,?personal check with email tracking or CC if in a hurry or make be just the CC.
Bought lots of bullets here and sold quite a few rifles , no problems.
I’m sorry, but that’s a very confusing story. Basically you were the seller and you had a very strange buyer that changed his mind?
 
I’m sorry, but that’s a very confusing story. Basically you were the seller and you had a very strange buyer that changed his mind?
I think the poster was selling a gun. Buyer mailed a cashier's check that was supposed delivered but the seller did not have it. This created a nervous buyer. The seller finally gets the check from the buyer because there was some delay. But the buyer then demanded a rapid shipping time. Buyer then gets nervous. Seller requests the check back. Buyer complies.

Basically sounds like things did not go smoothly and everyone got cold feet over the deal so it fell apart.

Hard for me to fuss over that, it would make me nervous from either side.

Personally, I have made a lot of purchases online for firearms with members of various sites, but things only get scammier as time goes on. I will likely switch to GunTab. I can't understand why it's not heavily used already.
 
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,439
Messages
1,576,368
Members
170,563
Latest member
MyrtleGeth
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top