Meeting with Norma Reps tomorrow - Pass along your requests for brass/ammo that you would like to see imported to the US in the near future.

I would ask for 8x57 JR; either loaded ammunition or unprimed brass. Although I can size the JRS down to JR, the correct headstamp might be useful for processing thru Customs if I were to take this on an overseas hunt.

And as long as we're "wishing upon a star" -- .450-400 NE brass with a ".400 NE" or ".400 Nitro" headstamp for the same reason. But I suspect that would be a very small number of customers.

Good luck with your meeting!
We do have some 8x57 JS brass:

The others will be harder to get for a while. I’m going to follow up with a separate post tonight or tomorrow with more consolidated list of responses from Norma.

+1 on the 8x57 JR--and if they are not in real demand, then WHY do they sell out so quickly on all purchasing sites??
+1 on the 8x57 JR--and if they are not in real demand, then WHY do they sell out so quickly on all purchasing sites??

We have JS as well

Will do. Also I’m planning on looking into the legality of shipping components to CA and SA. If anyone has tips to expedite this, let me know so I can help you out. We have most of what you need in stock.
No CA state limitations on components; loaded ammo must ship to an FFL for registration to the buyer.

Best regards,

6.5x54 Mannlicher-Schoenauer, round nose loaded ammo and/or brass.

Best regards,
We have the brass, no loaded ammo right now

No CA state limitations on components; loaded ammo must ship to an FFL for registration to the buyer.

Best regards,
Sorry referring to Canada and South Africa.

.450 NE 3-1/4" PLEASE AND THANKS

We have the brass, no loaded ammo right now

Thanks, just placed an order.

Best regards,

7mm Weatherby brass would be good.
7mm Weatherby Mag brass is now listed:

We do have some 8x57 JS brass:
JS is a rimless cartridge; doesn't do me any good. The JR and JRS are both rimmed; the difference being the diameter of the bullet in a loaded round of ammunition.

Mr. William Bogner,

Thanks for your participation in AH.
Just a neophyte here but have been looking for and buying brass for 450/400 NE 3"(Jeffery).
Preparing for the dreamed of hunt.
I see you have this on your "short list" for Norma.
Good Luck with your meeting.

Best with your endeavor to provide avid hunters, riflemen and shooters with needed supplies, and happy to buy from a veteran business. Our country needs more of that.

I’m surprised that is not already imported. A classic load and a great bullet.

It was until a few years ago when Norma seemingly discontinued it's entire American PH line. There were a lot of great loads that just went away.

Will Norma brass predict ten reloading cycles for 375 H&H? I thought belted brass didn't usually last as long for some reason?

Well that sucks!

Yes, it does. Felt quite fortunate last year when I ran across these in a country shop.
70878_672x768.jpg

I hope I’m not too late, but 416 Taylor brass and loaded cartridges would be awesome. Also 308 and 358 Norma ammunition would be great to see as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg