Meet and greet at Johannesburg

Has anyone actually had a bad experience with a meet and greet service with a pre-approved rifle permit? I’ve used Afton, Gracy, and African Sky all have been great, difficult to distinguish between the service once you arrive.

Has anyone actually had a bad experience with a meet and greet service with a pre-approved rifle permit? I’ve used Afton, Gracy, and African Sky all have been great, difficult to distinguish between the service once you arrive.

Excellent question. I have used Gracy and Africa Sky on multiple occasions. Both are great. I’ve seen the other operators mentioned here helping folks through. They seemed every bit as good.

I used Air2000 and would rank them right up with the others

Last trip I did it myself, took over an hour, but I am glad it did as Mr McMillan was beside me waiting also. We had a great BS session. My outfitter has "a guy" for this July's trip. Yes I will be using their service.

MB

I stayed at Afton Lodge and used their VIP service with Mr. X in January. Worked great and I've yet to hear a bad thing about their services. Interestingly I got dropped off at Afton on the way out and they dropped me off that afternoon for my flight. There was talk at that time that so many were using the VIP services in the near future that the airport or perhaps SAPS was going to limit the number who could use such. Don't know what came of that. January was a whole different world compared to normal.

I am wheels up for Anchorage today, to allow for time for a covid test. Onward from there Monday. I took forward to meeting you sir.
Travel well TT, it is going to be a magic trip. I am in Johannesburg now, weather is glorious, a bit cricp in the mornings, blue sky.

Travel well TT, it is going to be a magic trip. I am in Johannesburg now, weather is glorious, a bit cricp in the mornings, blue sky.
Thank you Kevin. I am in Anchorage. The short home leg is over. Tomorrow I go back to the airport to get my covid test, and then I'll chill in Anchorage until Monday morning.

Help me out. Define "crisp". I'm betting we have different definitions. ;)

I can only hope it is like that. That's what we have in my community right now. Pretty much t-shirt and shorts/work in the yard weather. :p

Air 2000 Hunters Support has provided great service to me. Rifle permits, meet and greet, drivers etc.

Our final destination was JNB, we were thru customs, on to SAP to retrieve guns and in the road by 5:15am. Flight landed at 4:00am. The airport was essentially empty!! Only person we saw in customs was the woman sitting in a glass booth, stamped our passports and we were on our way.
That is good to know. Thanks.

Good point.

Another thought is that since they are mostly the same and good service then using the AH sponsor @riflepermits.com would be my choice.
Henry is on here continually, and promptly answering our questions and I just think we should return the favor.
Just a thought.
Philip

One other thing in regards to Afton house is that if you are going to wonder around in RSA after your hunt they will store your firearms at no extra charge.

Another thought is that since they are mostly the same and good service then using the AH sponsor @riflepermits.com would be my choice.
Henry is on here continually, and promptly answering our questions and I just think we should return the favor.
Just a thought.
Philip

Very good point Philip. I use Africa Sky as they are picking me up anyway and offer the service. If it weren’t for that I would use Henry. I’ve seen him marshaling people through and he seems quite good.

How long did it take from the time you were off the plane until you were through or rechecked for another flight?
We are coming in on Qatar on that flight that arrives at 4AM. The travel agent said we needed plenty of time to go through customs and SAPS as they are supposedly short staffed.
We flew business and were in out of the airport in our transfer vehicle in 45 minutes. We were first to arrive at saps office. Only two of us and 1 gun.

Yep Henry at rifle permits

Anne at Air 2000 did a fantastic job as always and in these times of COVID testing before moving on to another country you need someone that can get things done. I can never thank her enough for looking out for my family.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffreyOKe

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg