McMillan- Marble McWalnut Colouring

Or just do what I did and order a stock from another maker! I'm not going to buy a synthetic stock I have to pay a gunsmith to inlet for me! HS precision makes stocks for Winchester's, so that's what I ordered! To bad I really wanted the Winchester's Safari Express model for my 375!

That’s certainly a way to address it if you want a B&C or HS.

That’s certainly a way to address it if you want a B&C or HS.
I don't have much experience with the B&C but some of the most accurate rifles I own have HS precision stocks, I think they're pretty good quality. I've also owned quite a few McMillan's stocks over the years and truly do love their quality, but I just don't think that paying for inletting on a synthetic stock is something I want to do.

in actual fact there is no such thing as a true dropin stock.
they all, including chassis stocks, require bedding correctly to achieve best performance.
bruce.

they all, including chassis stocks, require bedding correctly to achieve best performance.
bruce.
Hey Bruce have you seen the Bolly/Precision Defence Industries stuff. They are local blokes one lives near you and they have a factory close by.
They say their Gen 3 stocks are drop in fit and do not require bedding.
Maybe it's a matter of opinion but when they developed the Gen 3 variants that was the concept and goal.
I have one on the .280ai build I done, now I'm home I haven't done any shooting but should get out soon.

bruce.
I don't mind doing a betting job it's just having to inlet the whole action into the stock that bothers me.

chris,
they all say that, but the only way to come close is to use a zig to counteract a zag.
for example, hs precision stocks bend the action deliberately.
bolly seem more interested in tactical style, and as such are not what i look for in a hunting rifle stock.
ultimately you need the action bedded stress free and a good fit so that it can fall out of the stock when held upside down.
such bedding will give best accuracy, return to zero when replaced, and does not require a torque wrench.
good point.
mcmillan will be doing themselves a disservice.
bruce.

chris,
they all say that, but the only way to come close is to use a zig to counteract a zag.
for example, hs precision stocks bend the action deliberately.
bolly seem more interested in tactical style, and as such are not what i look for in a hunting rifle stock.
ultimately you need the action bedded stress free and a good fit so that it can fall out of the stock when held upside down.
such bedding will give best accuracy, return to zero when replaced, and does not require a torque wrench.
good point.
mcmillan will be doing themselves a disservice.
bruce.
It's a shame too because McMillan builds really good stuff. I just got done bedding and free-floating the barrel on my stainless steel 375 H&H into its new HS precision stock!

I just received 2 lists in excel format that (1) contains the discontinued models and the other the flattop only. Of note to this conversation is Mauser pattern is discontinued and the Winchester patterns are not discontinued but are available in flat tops only. Now, say as an example you want a Winchester inlet in a Game Scout pattern, that is totally doable.

Are you able to share those lists? Are the Sako 75 models flattop only or inletted?

Its a shame the accountants have got a hold of McMillan

Here is my experience with McMillan from about 3 weeks ago:
Unable to order a post-64 M70 Featherweight, dropped from production line.

Was able to order M70 Supergrade, Dark McWoody, PT&G one-piece bottom metal inlet.

Edit to add:
Estimated 6 month total delivery time for 3ea Supergrade stocks

Mod 70 in 300 H+H, its fooled a lot of people initially.

300 holland.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieRiggs

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross