Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
Anyone have any personal experience with this newish rifle from Mauser? Not a bad looker for a newer style push feed rifle.

I have the m12 “extreme” model, which is the plain synthetic stock in 338 win mag. I’ve had it for about 2+ years and topped it with a Swarovski z3 3-10x42 with the brx reticle. I absolutely LOVE this rifle. It helps I got it on a great sale around $1,000 compared to the $1,500ish normal going price. The action is slick as glass and the trigger with the factory setting is better than the un-adjusted timney trigger I put in my Remington 700. My rifle shoots the 250gr swift a-frame factory loads under MOA at 100 yards. Plus it holds 4+1 in the box magazine. I’m going to try Barnes 225gr pills to see how it likes those. I can’t say enough great things about my experiences with this rifle so far. It’ll definitely be going with me on my first PG safari.

Last edited:
Thanks for that opinion, appreciate it.

Have it in that 30-06 calibre..it has the synthetic stock with iron sights. Got a Leupold scope in qd mounts...its nice practical rifle and as said the trigger is very good..bluey used it when he hunted with us. And @Royal27 Had a go with it ....also can load using detachable magazine or from the top as with fixed magazine . ..actualy forget that it is detachable and load and unload as with my other ba rifles

Thanks Mike!(y)

I chose an M12 Extreme in 9.3x62 for my first safari. The trigger pull spoils you for all other rifles. My PH admired it greatly and likes them better than the Blaser R8. A second in 7x64 is on the way. They are also great for deer hunting in crappy weather, and seem to shoot anything accurately that you send down the barrel without fuss. They do not have a decocking mechanism like the Blaser R8, but I got fairly proficient with unloading it quickly by popping out the box magazine and chambered round prior to jumping back in the truck. The 7x64 will go with me to Namibia on the next PG hunt. Uh, can't go wrong on this one.

Jeff

Thanks for the review Jeff! (y) Sort of stumbled on these the other day and had a second look, thought they were a bit too modern/ugly:eek: at first, but kind of grows on you.:whistle:

Have it in that 30-06 calibre..it has the synthetic stock with iron sights. Got a Leupold scope in qd mounts...its nice practical rifle and as said the trigger is very good..bluey used it when he hunted with us. And @Royal27 Had a go with it ....also can load using detachable magazine or from the top as with fixed magazine . ..actualy forget that it is detachable and load and unload as with my other ba rifles

That rifle is dreamy.... great trigger and highly accurate. Two shots off the top of the bakkie were within a half an inch of each other. One additional shot and one dead animal.

Bolt is on the wrong side but other than that its perfect. :love:

Thanks for that Royal!

Anyone have any personal experience with this newish rifle from Mauser? Not a bad looker for a newer style push feed rifle.
I have two of them - the first one I bought was the Extreme in .30-06 which has a 2.5-10 Zeiss Victory fixed on with Talley one piece mounts. This rifle is a real tack driver with Geco Plus 170 grain factory loads. My best group to date has been a 1.5” 3 shot group at 200 yards. I love it so much that I bought another in 9.3x62.
The 9.3 is in the wood stock version. This one has a Leupold 1.5-5 VX3 on it in Leupold quick detatch mounts. This rifle regularly shoots sub-MOA groups with the Hornady 286 gr Interlock bullets. My 9.3 with the Leupold scope, mounts and a sling weighs just a shade over 8 pounds and yet the felt recoil is very manageable.
What I really love about these two rifles is the way they feel and come up. The triggers are great and the safety is similar to the Winchester 3 position.
Get yourself one and you will never regret it.
Pluto

CCC06130-044C-408C-B149-52A1842D95C0.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that info!(y)

Have the M12 Max in 9.3x62....fantastic rifle!! Not one thing I would change, Mauser nailed it with this one.

upload_2019-12-5_20-1-56.png

At this price they are worth a try!

Attachments

• upload_2019-12-5_20-1-56.jpeg
    upload_2019-12-5_20-1-56.jpeg
    155.4 KB · Views: 410
Who has that sale?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois