Mauser action question

RyanPalmer

AH member
Joined
Sep 26, 2024
Messages
40
Reaction score
109
Location
OR
What is this cutout near the bolt release on older Mauser actions? My initial thought was for loading rounds from a stripper clip. Then I saw an action that had the cutout but nothing for a stripper clip. Thanks
IMG_3522.jpeg
 
Maybe the stripper clip notch was machined off?
 
It is for stripper clip on mil spec action. Many custom sporters milled off the stripper notches since they are not needed.
 
Thanks y’all. I guess it makes sense to have it milled off if it isn’t needed.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,289
Messages
1,570,700
Members
168,968
Latest member
GladisLute
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top