Mauser action question

RyanPalmer

AH member
Joined
Sep 26, 2024
Messages
40
Reaction score
110
Location
OR
What is this cutout near the bolt release on older Mauser actions? My initial thought was for loading rounds from a stripper clip. Then I saw an action that had the cutout but nothing for a stripper clip. Thanks
IMG_3522.jpeg
 
Maybe the stripper clip notch was machined off?
 
It is for stripper clip on mil spec action. Many custom sporters milled off the stripper notches since they are not needed.
 
Thanks y’all. I guess it makes sense to have it milled off if it isn’t needed.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,385
Members
169,553
Latest member
LeeBennet
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top