Mauser 98 LR Or FN Clawmounts

fiocchi

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Gents of the forum,

I have these classic 'reverse' clawmounts for sale. They are designed like the new modern Ziegler Kontramount. lock is on the front ring, foot on the rear bridge.

Fits M98 Large ring, FN, Mauser 2000, etc. Stamped FN underneath.
26mm (also fits 1" with tape layer or glued). Height is Low/Medium of 12mm from top of receiver to bottom of inside of lower half of ring, measured on the front receiver ring.

Bluing is IMHO good. Ring screws are good, but base screw heads have seen better days, the front base screws are missing. However, these are basic flat head screws and are easily replaced, I might even have suitable spares in my cupboard.

I will advertise them at £200 or near offer, plus postage, in sterling or foreign equivalent in Euro's, Dollars, etc. Bank transfer or Paypal.

Shoot straight!

Fiocchi

IMG_4921.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Fiocchi, you can close this thread now I purchased the set of claw mounts/rings from you.(y)

Thank you Sir , much appreciated, can`t wait for these mounts to arrive at my post office...it will look great on my future build 8X68S rifle ...(y) I have a MOD 98 Oberndorf Mauser action, a pretty piece American Wall nut blank, Buffalo grip cap, will build a quarter rib with v-express sight and two flip up distance indicators, a nice front bead....enough brass to last a decade, re-loading dies...all I need is a 8x68S Walter barrel...I want a real classic look,,,,stock will be a slim Mannlicher Schoenauer design....(y)(y)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k8ccautos

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.