March 20 SA Planned Protest.....

I was keeping an eye on the news yesterday and managed to get to O.R Thambo international without any problems. The people flying in had no problems what so ever except for a layover issue in Addis Ababa.

There were a couple of incidents but nothing to lead to a shut down of any kind and they occurred mostly in cities where this particular party has more followers.

To me personally the biggest frustration was to see this police presence and I couldn’t help but wonder what they do the rest of the time? If we had a constant police presence like we had yesterday S.A could be safer for tourists and citizens alike.

I herd over the radio that the leader of the party saw it as a very successful protest although I don’t think he got the turnout he was expecting. Be wary of sensationalistic journalism.

South Africa is a safe destination to travel to and like anywhere else in the world there is a couple of areas to avoid. When considering S.A as a destination, talk to your outfitter, they are supposed to be with you on every step of your journey. I just thought it would be good to update people that has been keeping an eye on this.

Kind regards
Aj Fourie.

Restoring South Africa and allowing it to grow requires a different kind of struggle. My experience in South Africa makes me believe that there are people of all backgrounds and races who are working to make things better. But, it's no wonder the current administration is friendly with other mafia states like Russia

@Shakka , I don't think the blatant racism was really necessary. I appreciate you for taking an interest in my country and people but please, keep those thoughts to yourself.
Your country has been going down the drain ever since Blacks took control from the White Govt

I never said that the Apartheid Govt was FAIR because it wasn't, but that the RSA was a 1st World, modern-western country on par with all the others....now it is a failing country that is going the way of Zimbabwe.

If you consider what I said to be "Racist" then I don't know what to tell you.

There are Millions of people here in a failing, and quickly declining NYC who you would fit right in with.

Your country has been going down the drain ever since Blacks took control from the White Govt
Sure.
I never said that the Apartheid Govt was FAIR because it wasn't, but that the RSA was a 1st World, modern-western country on par with all the others
If you think only having TV in the 80s and only being allowed to watch it for a few hours at the end of the day with only certain topics shown, all in Afrikaans, most if not all shops being closed on Sunday for religious reasons, having certain Western movies and songs banned because they either promote race-mixing, homosexuality, or anarchy and only having the good infrastructure in white areas with non-whites (not just black FYI) being kept in intentionally poor conditions, then yes. Apartheid South Africa would be perfect for you (y)

A society with practically none of the freedoms enjoyed in Western countries, yet still somehow "1st World," as you put it. A country for people who want to live in a bubble, completely disconnected from the rest of the world.
If you consider what I said to be "Racist" then I don't know what to tell you.
Imagine if someone from China, for example, were to say that ALL white civilizations are inbred and savage, constantly warring with each other over petty border disputes purely for the reason that they're white. Seems a bit racist, no?

If you don't understand that, then I don't what to tell you.
There are Millions of people here in a failing, and quickly declining NYC who you would fit right in with.
What the hell is that supposed to mean? Wind your neck in.

Last edited:
Sure.

If you think only having TV in the 80s and only being allowed to watch it for a few hours at the end of the day with only certain topics shown, all in Afrikaans, most if not all shops being closed on Sunday for religious reasons, having certain Western movies and songs banned because they either promote race-mixing, homosexuality, or anarchy and only having the good infrastructure in white areas with non-whites (not just black FYI) being kept in intentionally poor conditions, then yes. Apartheid South Africa would be perfect for you (y)

A society with practically none of the freedoms enjoyed in Western countries, yet still somehow "1st World," as you put it. A country for people who want to live in a bubble, completely disconnected from the rest of the world.

Imagine if someone from China, for example, were to say that ALL white civilizations are inbred and savage, constantly warring with each other over petty border disputes purely for the reason that they're white. Seems a bit racist, no?

If you don't understand that, then I don't what to tell you.

What the hell is that supposed to mean? Wind your neck in.
White can't leave RSA for the UK, New Zealand, and Australia fast enough, yet you paint a rosy picture of life there because you can now watch western movies in English and go shopping in a quaint antique store on a Sunday afternoon, LOL! RSA was once a nuclear power....hard to believe now that that was true

I bet that the 1,000's of farmers who have been SLAUGHTERED by Blacks would have rather live their lives in peace than watch the latest Netflix Mini Series on the Telly on a Sunday

BTW: I never said that Blacks were "inferior inbred savages" (you did) to Whites .
What I said was that ever since Blacks took control of Govt, your Country is a mess, headed the same way as Zimbabwe.....do you think that Zimbabwe is better off now than it was 43 years ago when it was Rhodesia??

I don't know what the "Wind in your neck" comment means, but my inference was that you remind me of a typical white liberal from New York City, who knows that the City is going down the toilet with violent crime, yet they refuse to place blame on the perpetrators.

Statistics show that if NYC was 100% White, shootings would go down 97%, and all murders would go down 91%.

A hint for you: the perpetrator's arent Korean Kids from Columbia University;)

It isn't Racism if what you are saying is a statistical FACT

Sad but a reality:(

I understand and agree with the desire to ensure that everyone be offered the same opportunity to succeed or fail based on their capability and diligence. What I cannot understand is a mentality that, when the stage is set for just such a transition, instead of charging down that path, a concerted effort is made to pillage and destroy what has been built, thus causing everyone to lose. I don’t equate this to race, as we can find plenty of people from all races who fall into this category.

@Shakka , I wrote a very lengthy response to your latest comment which I decided to not post because it would've made things ugly. I screenshotted everything though, just in case. Take that as you will, and what I think of you based on just this interaction. One thing though, liberal? Lol. That's cute. Must be nice living in your bubble. Cheers

I don’t equate this to race, as we can find plenty of people from all races who fall into this category.
Exactly. One of the main culprits responsible for the deterioration of SA's state-owned enterprises can be traced to a single, highly-affluent Indian family which has been on the run for just a few years now. Yet, I don't think that their corrupt practices are indicative of being Indian.

@Shakka , I wrote a very lengthy response to your latest comment which I decided to not post because it would've made things ugly. I screenshotted everything though, just in case. Take that as you will, and what I think of you based on just this interaction. One thing though, liberal? Lol. That's cute. Must be nice living in your bubble. Cheers
I understand my friend, but you can post whatever you want to…we are having a discussion, not fistfighting. Everyone is afraid to say what they want to say these days

Again I will simply say that from the outside looking in, RSA seems to be going the way of Zimbabwe under black leadership…that’s it

No White Supremacy intended

A couple of thoughts:

1) Global Rescue has a security extraction option, and
2) There will always be a subset of the human population that just wants to be left alone and enjoy their lives and another subset of the human population that just can't f'ing leave other people alone. A good question is, "are the protesters just trying to be left alone or are they trying to f' with other people?"

Meanwhile back on the road in the Capital city where I was working on 3 different sites it was a breeze no traffic especially early the morning it felt like COVID traffic almost only one of my workers didn't pitch up and we went on with our lives.

It's not easy to live here and run your own business but it is my country even if I was not born here.
I would not want to live anywhere else the whole world has got its troubles and trouble solving is the game.

Having faith, purpose and trust in our Father.

Eff failed…..again. If only there supporters could see it
Basically nothing strange happened on monday. Tuesday is a public holiday here so all schools etc were closed on monday anyway so generally a quieter day was expected

Eff failed…..again. If only there supporters could see it
Basically nothing strange happened on monday. Tuesday is a public holiday here so all schools etc were closed on monday anyway so generally a quieter day was expected
100%

It was quiet here in Pta, we were out and took the little one for his vaccinations, it was business as normal in almost every place we went to.
Busses and taxis were running, although less than normal which was pleasant.
There was more fuss leading up to Monday than anything.
I see some areas were a bit more focussed but it seems the police presence also help quell any potential issues.

Meanwhile back on the road in the Capital city where I was working on 3 different sites it was a breeze no traffic especially early the morning it felt like COVID traffic almost only one of my workers didn't pitch up and we went on with our lives.

It's not easy to live here and run your own business but it is my country even if I was not born here.
I would not want to live anywhere else the whole world has got its troubles and trouble solving is the game.

Having faith, purpose and trust in our Father.
Thanks for the on the ground news....This is exactly what I was hoping to get when I started this thread.

Thanks for the on the ground news....This is exactly what I was hoping to get when I started this thread.
If the fellas here who live in RSA say it's ok, I wouldn't hesitate going

It would be like hearing about all of the shootings in Chicago and being afraid to vacation in Miami Beach

If the fellas here who live in RSA say it's ok, I wouldn't hesitate going

It would be like hearing about all of the shootings in Chicago and being afraid to vacation in Miami Beach
Yes, very true, although this was never about fear of going somewhere, it was just about getting news about a place I am always interested in and always wish the best for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MollieTwop

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg