Man’s best friend

I've always had working gun dogs, and prefer the European Versatile breeds. Grew up with a Weimaraner as a teenager, my first dog after marriage was a Large Munsterlander. Then a couple of Pudelpointers, and now I'm hunting with a Deutsch Drahthaar.
We hunt forest grouse, prairie grouse and pheasant, Ducks, geese, small game and furbearers. Unfortunately we are not allowed to use a dog for blood tracking big game here. Stupid law. I just spent three days this week hunting with my dog. We took Pheasant, Sharptail grouse, Grey partridge, some ducks, and a coyote while walking about 40 KM in some wonderful country. I love the partnership hunting with a dog.
IMG_6719.jpeg
IMG_6708.jpeg
IMG_4755.jpeg

A couple of my old Chesapeakes, both had roughly 5,000 retrieves in their careers. The dead grass chessie (Tug) was featured in Ducks Unlimited magazine back in the late 80’s or early 90’s. The other (Brandt) was a great dog and made some incredible retrieves. The goose that Tug is retrieving is a 12 pound Canada, he was a big powerful dog.

569755E1-CA3E-41F1-92DA-4A31A4DAA7D2.jpeg
6D9E5BAD-8A8C-4413-86B4-171B21E73C38.jpeg
EEC5FEAB-9E16-4851-9544-19B6FB481C97.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
On the left is Oscar (mayer wiener). Cute and sweet but his only value is in being a lap warmer and making the rest of the family happy. On the right is Lili (Von Shtupp). A blue Lacy that loves to blood trail, chase varmints, quail hunt and 'help' Dad with the cows from time to time.

1666622009989.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
indiagpt

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois