Macnab anyone?

Not sure what an official McNabb is but last year in Limpopo I shot a blue wildebeest, 15 or so doves and caught a largemouth bass in the same day.
 
I think the McNab is one of the most interesting outdoor sporting quests in history. I actually bid on one (very briefly) at the past SCI. I say this however, if any of you save up for airfare, room and board, licenses, guides, gratuity, etc. and come home with a legally obtained sheep, two ducks, and a carp, you'll get a big McNab toast from me!
 
.

A brace of duck with a 20 bore, a large hen rainbow trout on the fly & a vaal rhebok all in a day in RSA in the Midlands. Was a fun & memorable day!


.
 
I will go to Scotland and hunt/fish for one, two or three of the MacNabb animals. But will not book it as a MacNabb. Getting on a schedule and planned MacNabb is difficult and pricey.

I will go with the more “Scottish” plan. If it happens it happens. If I am in a location and time of year that has all three. I would be happy to only chase grouse and stag. And then dry out a fly.
 
I will go to Scotland and hunt/fish for one, two or three of the MacNabb animals. But will not book it as a MacNabb. Getting on a schedule and planned MacNabb is difficult and pricey.

I will go with the more “Scottish” plan. If it happens it happens. If I am in a location and time of year that has all three. I would be happy to only chase grouse and stag. And then dry out a fly.
agreed!!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,426
Messages
1,575,818
Members
170,393
Latest member
MartiMcRey
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top