Looks like Australian is turning to crap with reloading supplies

Gday,

5 or more years ago we were told this was coming and I passed this info onto everyone, including clients and customers, who would listen

I'm way in at the end of No Where and can get most components easily
Projectiles, powder, primers and cases easy as
May have to wait but all obtainable

The boutique stuff is bit harder but I don't use the little stuff so much

We are very lucky in Oz to have some of the best components avail to us

ADI for powder and cases
Woodleigh for projectiles
Bertram for cases and projectiles
Atomic 29 for projectiles
OEP for projectiles

Plus a heap of smaller operators

What’s your opinion of Atomic 29 bullets??

Bloody love them

Oz made and easy to get

Basically a CNC turned Barnes

I did the field trials for the 458cal and found they are ridiculously accurate and work well on Buffalo here

The next trials are with the 470cal

Cameron from Atomic 29 made me some 550cal proj and some to try in my 600

He is also easily approachable as well

Reasonably lucky having supplies of bullets, primers, cases for most of the rifle calibers I use (when I get off my fat A**e) stored away in the shed; don't even THINK about pistol powder or primers here in Australia; rare as frog feathers ... I stopped shooting pistol/handgun years ago, still get harassed by old mates, chasing supplies ...

Reasonably lucky having supplies of bullets, primers, cases for most of the rifle calibers I use (when I get off my fat A**e) stored away in the shed; don't even THINK about pistol powder or primers here in Australia; rare as frog feathers ... I stopped shooting pistol/handgun years ago, still get harassed by old mates, chasing supplies ...
@geoff rath
We still have pistol primers in both standard and magnum in my neck of the woods. Any powders faster than 2205 is like rocking horse shit.

powder, primers, bullets and cases are to be had here if you look around, but the prices are out of this world right now. i could sell all my reloading supplies for a nice profit if i wanted to, but i don,t need the money as much as i may need my reloading supplies.

Dr, would you like a second opinion?

I have a Barne's .30 cal and an Atomic29 .30 cal recovered from the backstop soil. Same day same rifle.

If Barnes are the known standard then the Atomic 29 performed equally well.

Cameron is very obliging and very particular with his quality control.

I think Aussie shooters would do well to support him and buy his products.

Gunpowder in the handgun/pistol target range is like frog feathers here in Australia, primers are available, sometimes but powder? Not a chance ...
@geoff rath
Down here frog feathers, rocking horse poop and hens teeth are all available. You can also get a liter of blood from a stone. Small rifle primers are available for an arm and a leg plus your first born. Pistol and shotgun powders are extinct.

Well, it appears we’re @ that the cross roads w/ Gun Powder & Lead and could it really be that time - to break-out the lasers!?! :W Laser:

Well, it appears we’re @ that the cross roads w/ Gun Powder & Lead and could it really be that time - to break-out the lasers!?! :W Laser:

Go pneumatic first

when the plandemic first started l knew or should l say "had a feeling" things would go this way and started stocking up big time, l also told my shooting buddies to do the same but as usual l was told it would never happen and l am now pulling them out of the sh#t and handing over a few bits here and there they cant get now, it was powder but now its primers

IMHO its a stunt no different to the oil carry on that started because Biden cut supply in America so as the demand for oil was still the same, oil got dearer because the oil company's involved in OPEC from other countries that Biden was threatening to shut down there oil businesses because of climate change would not pump more oil to bring the supply back up, sooo we have a shortage and the price of oil is way up, this is the reason Biden grovelled over to the Saudi capital of Riyadh to beg the his mate leader of the OPEC cartel for more oil but was told to pump your own oil
Russia is a member of OPEC but its contribution to the worlds oil is minimal so the Biden/MSM line that its Putin's fault is just the usual BS from "lets go Brandon" team

so IMHO we have had difficulties in Australia with firearm supplies and changes to laws ect... that we have just dismissed since Obuma was in charge but not like this, completely not being able to get reloading supply's like now
it will IMHO be like housing prices, car prices, food, petrol/oil ect... when we do get the reloading supplies back the prices will be prohibitive at least and will be a rich mans sport
l will be OK for sure as long as we are allowed to shoot and own firearms here in Australia but the days of plinking at distance just because may be over and training with 22 rimfires may be the go

we are seeing a slow down of shooters at out trap-sporting clays-skeet shoots as the cost of fuel-shells and fee,s(have gone up also). i priced what it cost me for two 50 round sporting clays fun, fuel about 10.00, and 30.00 for fee,s and 34.00 for shells. we had a hard time getting new shooters before every thing hit the fan, and not getting better any time soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross