Looking to hunt Namibia

Gymbr................if it all works out and you hunt with them, please consider posting a detailed report here. ...........FWB

No problem man I’m still reading and researching quite a bit but I’ll post no matter who I go on a hunt with

Are you aware of the expense of the Caprivi? You are looking at a starting price of $20,000. Most places you can’t hunt without booking buffalo.
If you do an open range hunt figure 3 days per animal. A game farm hunt, of which my last hunt was on over 100,000 acres, you can possibly get a trophy every day or two. Namibia has had a bad drought so do your homework. All said it is my favorite place outside of Texas. Wonderful people, spectacular scenery, and great hunting.
if I can be of help Pm me.
Philip

Not true, Phillip. We offer a plains game only option in the Caprivi also, for not much more than a game ranch hunt.
You are welcome t chat to me or my team gymbr.

I’m interested in a plains game hunt for kudu, eland, warthog, and probably a few others. I’m trying to find something in a free range concession. I’m not interested in a game farm or hunting a desert. I would like a Caprivi strip hunt and I realize I could probably save money by hunting a game farm or even a desert location but I’m more interested in the experience than a long list of animals taken. Tent accommodations are fine. Does anyone have any recommendations for an outfitter? I’m thinking around 10 hunting days. No physical limitations and my wife as an observer. Probably gonna schedule for 2022 just so I can take the hunt I want over a good deal.

Give a shout out to Peter, at Erongo Lodge and go up into one of the last great wild places to hunt without all the high cost of the big outfits. I hate to even mention him on here as he is like a best kept secret. Free range, with no high fences, no high prices, no 5 star digs either, just a great down to earth place to go. https://www.erongo-lodge.com/en/
190513-r.JPG

Last edited:
Look at @Jamy Traut Hunting Safaris. He has camps in the Caprivi as well as other areas of Namibia. I hunted his Panorama camp in ‘18. It was desert and ranch but at no time did I feel the game was “fenced”. I hope to hunt buffalo with him sometime and I highly recommend him.

+1 on @Jamy Traut Hunting Safaris. I hunted with PH Louw Lotter in 2018 with my son and father. Kaokoland is amazing! Check in with them, I think they have what you are looking for. I’d be happy to answer questions if you have them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not true, Phillip. We offer a plains game only option in the Caprivi also, for not much more than a game ranch hunt.
You are welcome t chat to me or my team gymbr.
Karl that is good to know. it would be a good experience.
Philip

Kowas Safaris can't be beat. Plains game S or Windhoek, or dangerous game and plains game in the Caprivi. Some of the best people and best hunters you will ever meet.

I’m interested in a plains game hunt for kudu, eland, warthog, and probably a few others. I’m trying to find something in a free range concession. I’m not interested in a game farm or hunting a desert. I would like a Caprivi strip hunt and I realize I could probably save money by hunting a game farm or even a desert location but I’m more interested in the experience than a long list of animals taken. Tent accommodations are fine. Does anyone have any recommendations for an outfitter? I’m thinking around 10 hunting days. No physical limitations and my wife as an observer. Probably gonna schedule for 2022 just so I can take the hunt I want over a good deal.

Hello gymbr,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

You are wise to shop carefully and to thoroughly investigate any Safari Company that you are seriously thinking about booking with.

When you have a spare moment, take a look at our web site.
When you have a bit more than just a moment, don’t forget to watch our videos.
Also, there are multiple postings from members here that have hunted with Khomas.
Most are found in the “Hunt Reports” section of the forum.

No matter who you end up booking with, after experiencing Africa, you will never be the same again.

Best regards,
Paul.

The area around Otavi is outstanding for eland. There are a number of top operators in the area.

Kowas Safaris can't be beat. Plains game S or Windhoek, or dangerous game and plains game in the Caprivi. Some of the best people and best hunters you will ever meet.

+1 on Kowas. Great hunting and great people!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg