Looking for Cape Buffalo mount ideas

I'm typically more of a fan of actual mounts than just skull/european/horn, but with something like a Buffalo..... IDK they just take up SO much room! What i will say, is that the picture @Bushpig4Ever posted looks very impressive. Now that really shows off the boss!!!
I hope you recover soon and I'm looking forward to seeing how it turned out!

I’ve never liked most of the buff mounts I’ve seen especially as they age. I chose to just do a skull mount on mine. For me if I ever do a buff shoulder mount I would have to have, well let’s say, a really top taxidermist do it. I am not a fan of most I’ve seen.
Plus I just want to hunt more buffalo and not worry about the taxidermy.
Best of luck!
Philip

I’ve never liked most of the buff mounts I’ve seen especially as they age. I chose to just do a skull mount on mine. For me if I ever do a buff shoulder mount I would have to have, well let’s say, a really top taxidermist do it. I am not a fan of most I’ve seen.
Plus I just want to hunt more buffalo and not worry about the taxidermy.
Best of luck!
Philip

I don’t disagree, if you’re going to shoulder mount a buff use the best taxidermist you can find. Lesser work ages poorly. I have a pedestal mount, shoulder mount (wall) and a bunch of skull mounts. We have a very interesting mount coming from Zim (CWA’s shop in Bulawayo). It is a leather covered skull cap mount on a short pedestal for table top display.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't realize at first that you had space limitations....was going to suggest mounted buffalo goring a hunter...

Would love to see a
I don’t disagree, if you’re going to shoulder mount a buff use the best taxidermist you can find. Lesser work ages poorly. I have a pedestal mount, shoulder mount (wall) and a bunch of skull mounts. We have a very interesting mount coming from Zim (CWA’s shop in Bulawayo). It is a leather covered skull cap mount on a short pedestal for table top display.
photo of the above

Wall pedistal mount

345D7B15-E706-4617-B7E1-57F540C4F315.jpeg

Hi, I don't want to start a new thread, I'll write here. Is it possible to make a european skull mount from a buffalo cow? Any photos? I can't find it on google.

Hi, I don't want to start a new thread, I'll write here. Is it possible to make a european skull mount from a buffalo cow? Any photos? I can't find it on google.
Tundra Tiger on this forum has one from South Africa, check with him.

Don't know if this is allowed.... but here goes

I have one very similar, just a horn, mine was done by the wildlife gallery in Michigan. I can post a picture if you want

I have one very similar, just a horn, mine was done by the wildlife gallery in Michigan. I can post a picture if you want

I would appreciate it! Thanks. I have another crazy idea of mounting it on an old metal can hand built in India or Africa etc. it would either be awesome or ugly as a mud fence. There is no in between. :).

I found these two. Horn is obviously crafted. :).

IMG_6160.jpeg
IMG_6161.jpeg

That’s it, except mine has a little habitat around the base of the horn. If I ever mount another buffalo I’m going to mount it the same way but turned the opposite way as book ends to a table.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanRigby4

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you