AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, AHEIA
Hunted
Canada(AB, BC, SASK, NWT)), USA (WY, MN, TX), South Africa (Limpopo and Eastern Cape), Zambia
Happy New Year all,
The cape and horns from my 2017 Zambian Buffalo have finally arrive at the taxidermist so I need some ideas on mounting. I am still open as far as shoulder or pedestal mount but I would like to somehow be able to showcase the bosses. Any ideas or pictures would be appreciated.
Thanks

Buffalo
Happy New Year all,
The cape and horns from my 2017 Zambian Buffalo have finally arrive at the taxidermist so I need some ideas on mounting. I am still open as far as shoulder or pedestal mount but I would like to somehow be able to showcase the bosses. Any ideas or pictures would be appreciated.
Thanks
Here are some photos of buffalos which I mounted both shoulder,floor and wall pedestal

WP_20170725_08_53_40_Pro.jpg
WP_20170615_17_17_32_Pro.jpg
WP_20170615_17_17_20_Pro.jpg
WP_20170615_17_17_08_Pro.jpg
WP_20170614_16_51_35_Pro.jpg
WP_20170614_16_51_28_Pro.jpg
IMG-20170616-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20170616-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20170616-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20170614-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20170614-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20170614-WA0004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Buffalo
Here are some photos of buffalos which I mounted both shoulder,floor and wall pedestal
Thank you, those will give me something to think about. Very good.

67805A09-4DC9-4CA5-AE46-26A27D17EA43.jpeg
D66282CB-CC56-46CE-898B-BF67D9333F43.jpeg

That‘s what I like most. Can‘t stand it to have the entire head of a buffalo in my room. Same applies to all other animals. Just the horns, nothing else.

For me wall pedestals are cool..

Straight shoulder mounts for me....though I have a wall mount with a slight LEFT and down turn, as it is mounted in my gun shop, a bit higher than these at home.
That pedestal mount of johnnyblues is AWESOME...making me think a bit!!!

IMG_20180902_110820.jpg

Straight shoulder mounts for me....though I have a wall mount with a slight LEFT and down turn, as it is mounted in my gun shop, a bit higher than these at home.
Very nice, thanks

Sometimes the place where the trophy will be displayed can affect what kind of a mount works best. A buffalo mount can be very large.

I like clean simple, elegant pedestal mounts that blend into and don't compete with the other antique furniture of the trophy room. The bull is deliberately mounted on the back edge to allow room for other display. In this case antiquarian hunting titles and a flintlock handgun.

I like clean simple, elegant pedestal mounts that blend into and don't compete with the other antique furniture of the trophy room. The bull is deliberately mounted on the back edge to allow room for other display. In this case antiquarian hunting titles and a flintlock handgun.
Very cool, how tall is the pedestal?

View attachment 262984
Bruce let me know buddy. I can do another, I'd make a few changes so it is unique to you but I'd be glad to design and build something similar.

Bruce let me know buddy. I can do another, I'd make a few changes so it is unique to you but I'd be glad to design and build something similar.
Thanks... But I'm in South Africa!!!
Will have to plagerise your design this side!!:D

@cls do you have a finished mount yet?

I can post some pics later when I'm actually at home but as said above the straight mount alert with the head up flashing his teeth scenting you actually looks excellent with a buffalo. Taxidermist gave me some light gray clay to place back on the dagga boy I have at home as it of course washes off during the wet tanning process. My son simply prefers hanging the skull on the wall lol this one at our vacation/hunting place featuring an 0.375" third nostril... He is very trusting as his bed is situated directly beneath it!

IMG_20201212_153241448~2.jpg

@cls do you have a finished mount yet?
I finally received my mount a couple weeks ago but have been recovering from the Wuhan virus so haven't been able to get it out of the crate in the garage. I had a go round with the taxidermist on it which I started another thread on but it's here now. Will post pictures when I get it on the wall. Been 3 plus years since being shot in Zambia.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemjhon405

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber