Long time lurker

gcbailey

AH enthusiast
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Messages
366
Reaction score
1,217
Media
56
Articles
1
Hunting reports
Europe
3
Member of
NRA, SCI, NSSA-NSCA
Hunted
South Africa, Romania, Georgia, Texas, Kansas, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Indiana
Hello all, I have been lurking this site for quite some time (about 7 years) but never had anything to contribute as I knew nothing of hunting Africa. Hunting Africa, or even just going there has been a lifelong dream. This site kept fueling that. I cannot express my joy that I have FINALLY saved enough, cleared my work schedule, and will be hunting a mixed bag of plains and dangerous game in June!

I wanted a very traditional hunt so will be taking a 1900 WJ Jeffery 450/400 and 1927 Rigby 275. All my gear is packed (I couldn’t help myself) and now it’s just waiting to finalize paperwork.

Thank you all for keeping my dreams alive as I scrimped and saved for this lifetime trip!
 
Wow, that's traditional for sure, and it can only add to the experience.
I joined here at 47, they talked me into going to Africa. Made the trip at 48 and spent countless hours on this site.
Enjoy your trip.
 
Wow, that's traditional for sure, and it can only add to the experience.
I joined here at 47, they talked me into going to Africa. Made the trip at 48 and spent countless hours on this site.
Enjoy your trip.
Thank you! Needless to say, but I CANNOT WAIT!
 
Welcome to the posting side of AH
 
Welcome to the posting side of AH! Have a great African adventure!
 
Welcome aboard!
 
Welcome to AH gcbailey! Glad to hear that you made your dream a reality. Looking forward to your hunt report!
 
Welcome aboard gcbailey. Glad you finally decided to "join-up." That is a fine battery of rifles you have planned for your hunt. How about filling in the blanks a little bit by telling us a little more about you as a hunter. Things like what have you hunted in the past, what other firearms you own, do you reload. BTW where will you be hunting, what outfitter have you booked with, how long is your hunt?
 
Welcome to AH and congrats on booking your "first" safari. You only have one first safari so make sure you take a journal so you can do a hunt report on your return.
 
Welcome to AH! Where and what are you hunting??!
 
Welcome to AH! Looking forward to your hunt report.
 
Congratulations on your first planned safari-half the fun is in the planning. Glad you joined, will be eager to hear more as it happens
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,290
Messages
1,571,795
Members
169,414
Latest member
AileenA946
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top