Lion trophy importation?

Sightly of topic: is the picture from the replicas?
I could offer a bit more detail. They were cast from my tusks from the bull I got in Zimbabwe November of 2014. The actual tusks are currently at Afton House. I had two sets made. Should have bought the molds. Although I don't know why. The second set is still wrapped up. I was thinking of having Kanati out of Pennsylvania do a replica shoulder mount. My wife just wants it in a currently non existent trophy room;) She's just not to keen on the idea of a 10' wide elephant hanging 10' out from the fireplace in the living room;)
 
Another example of elephant tusk reproductions, no input on lion importation:

 
I could offer a bit more detail. They were cast from my tusks from the bull I got in Zimbabwe November of 2014. The actual tusks are currently at Afton House. I had two sets made. Should have bought the molds. Although I don't know why. The second set is still wrapped up. I was thinking of having Kanati out of Pennsylvania do a replica shoulder mount. My wife just wants it in a currently non existent trophy room;) She's just not to keen on the idea of a 10' wide elephant hanging 10' out from the fireplace in the living room;)
They look very good, better than I expected. That will be my way if the star will align the upcoming years. I wonder if the possibility to cast is also available if it is a non exportable specimen.
 
They look very good, better than I expected. That will be my way if the star will align the upcoming years. I wonder if the possibility to cast is also available if it is a non exportable specimen.

You have to have the ability to get them to a taxidermist in country to have molds made. I don’t know if that is possible with a non-exportable animal.
 
I thought lions could be exported to the US if not hunted in South Africa.
 
You have to have the ability to get them to a taxidermist in country to have molds made. I don’t know if that is possible with a non-exportable animal.
Yeah that was something I was wondering. When the time is there I'll will have to research this further. Would be nice since importing the tusk will not be possible for me.
 
Yeah that was something I was wondering. When the time is there I'll will have to research this further. Would be nice since importing the tusk will not be possible for me.
TCI in Bulawayo Zimbabwe does a great job on them. So if you hunt a non exportable or non importable to your home country, or if you hunt an elephant in Zimbabwe and just want replicas.... Have them sent there and they will do them.

As for a non exportable, I would inquire with a Zimbabwe Outfitter if the tusks could be taken to TCI to have replicas made. As long as the tusks don't leave the country, I don't see why not. Unless the game scout takes ownership of them immediately... Which I cannot see happening. I would think the Outfitter would need to get them to an official storage?

Another backup plan would be to take good pictures and measurements. TCI for example has a large collection of forms and could probably get real close with a set. They do paint them according to originals also so real good detailed photos would help.

I mentioned the rhino opportunity where you leave the horn behind for a $6000 discount.... In that case I could have gotten replicas cast. But those South Africa rhinos are privately owned vs. Elephant in Zimbabwe.
 
Back to Lion, Kanati does replica lions and Polar bears.... not cheap but they look good. Yhey were on display last year at DSC. And you can get a replica skull made in South Africa. Bet you could get replica claws as well?
 
Could you name a couple outfits that put on high quality CBL and rhino hunts?
My wife and I both hunted CBL with Graceland Safaris this year and it was a very good experience. We cut tracks in the truck and then the hunting was done all on foot. It did not feel canned at all, the lions were very active and had made kills.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,427
Messages
1,575,881
Members
170,436
Latest member
wendwardgen
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top