Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
PHASA
Good day AH Community,

We hope you are all doing well after a great year of adventuring and are looking forward to planning all the upcoming hunts you are certainly excited for in 2024! This is a great hunt that we are happy to offer to everyone here. Please bear in mind that there is still a non-export policy in place for hunters wanting to export to the USA and Australia. However, Canada, Mexico, and many European countries are still enjoying lion trophy imports.

For those US hunters that wish to still take home a trophy of the hunt we now have absolutely fantastic looking skull replicas available with our taxidermsit that are only discernable as not the real thing due to the weight of it. The detail of the "bone" is simply amazing! We have personally held and felt these replicas and they are quite fantastic. Please see a bit further down for pics and videos. We also suggest looking at Kanati taxidermy's lion mount (full and shoulder) replica's. They are surely the front runners in this regard.

This is hard work and adrenaline pumping hunt. Any time you tackle a big cat on foot it is a different kind of playing field and you can definitely feel it in the nerves! We hunt at SAPA (South African Predator Association) accredited hunting areas (There are only a few places in South Africa that have met and maintained this standard). The hunt is done on foot with master trackers and it is no easy task hunting these big cats. The accommodation is always beautiful and the services delivered will not only meet your expectations but blow them out of the water. Where we will be hunting will largely be dependent on what other species the client is after during the safari. Once this is determined the hunt will either be in the Limpopo or the North West province. We hope to see a member or 2 this year for this fantastic hunt! We look forward to every lion hunt we do - it's addictive!

Lion Hunt Package 2024:

5 Days/6 Nights
1x Lion

USD$10,500
EUR€9900
All Inclusive

*Hunting for other species can be done
*Other hunters/observers welcome at additional cost.

Lioness Hunt Package 2024:

5 Days/6 Nights
1x Lioness

USD$7500
EUR€7075
All Inclusive

*Hunting for other species can be done
*Other hunters/observers welcome at additional cost.

Package includes:
• Licensed Professional Hunter, a Tracker, Skinner and hunting vehicle.
• Accommodation on a full board basis, incl. non-alcoholic drinks and table beer/wine
• Transfer from and to Johannesburg international Airport.
• Transport between and on hunting Area A and Area B
• Laundry service (Except on Sundays).
• Field preparation of Trophies.

Package excludes:
• Flight from and to Johannesburg International Airport, and any national flights from one concession to the next.
• Hard tack (whiskey, brandy etc)
• Firearms and ammunition. (Rifle Hire available at request)
• Hotel accommodation before and after the hunt – if required.
• Taxidermy, packing, insurance, transport.
• Dipping and shipping of trophies.
• Personal expenses ex. Tips, Telephone, Souvenirs etc.
• Tourist Programmes

We hope to hear from you all!

Contact us at: hunt@baylysippelsafaris.co.za for more info
+27 719821685 - Dempsey Bayly (available on WhatsApp)
+27 833994593 - Michael Sippel (German speaking available on WhatsApp)

Keep up with us on our various social media platforms:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BaylySippelHuntingSafaris/
Instagram: bayly_sippel_safaris
YouTube: Bayly Sippel Hunting Safaris

Kind regards,
Dempsey Bayly & Michael Sippel

Bayly Sippel Safaris US person of contact Dustin Knutson - dustinknut@gmail.com / Robert Williamson - Northslopegrips@gmail.com
Bayly Sippel Safaris Australian person of contact David Berner - davidberner1983@hotmail.com
Bayly Sippel Safaris France person of contact Romain Berthouly - rberthouly@hotmail.com
Bayly Sippel Safaris German person of contact Jorn Spitz - r93lexus@gmail.com
Bayly Sippel Safaris Canadian person of contact Brandon Isaac -isaacbr@gmail.com / Dean Macdonald - dmaed45@hotmail.com

20230423_092138-01.jpeg

Screenshot_20231023_131341_Instagram.jpg

IMG-20230602-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20230602-WA0024.jpg

Final.00_27_01_15.Still001-01.jpeg

Screenshot_20231023_134047_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20231023_134038_Gallery.jpg
20230617_110755-01.jpeg

20220811_113416-01.jpeg
20230508_112247-01.jpeg
IMG_7815-01.jpeg
IMG_7748-01.jpeg
IMG_20190326_140606.jpg
IMG_20210806_111702-01.jpeg
IMG_7737-01.jpeg
IMG_7697-01.jpeg
P1160164-01.jpeg
P1160169-01.jpeg
IMG-20200129-WA0091.jpg
Screenshot_20231023_134029_Gallery.jpg
IMG_20190930_180559.jpg

Screenshot_20231023_134019_Gallery.jpg

20230926_110114-01.jpeg

I know there are some reputable outfitters that do these hunts in RSA and some not so much.

I would say without a doubt that Bayly/Sipple fall squarely into the reputable category. If you have any interest in this type of lion hunting I would definitely contact Dempsey or Michael about this hunt. A top notch operation for sure.

I know there are some reputable outfitters that do these hunts in RSA and some not so much.

I would say without a doubt that Bayly/Sipple fall squarely into the reputable category. If you have any interest in this type of lion hunting I would definitely contact Dempsey or Michael about this hunt. A top notch operation for sure.
Incredibly appreciated @Fatback!! Looking forward to hopefully seeing you in the US!

Kind regards,
Dempspey Bayly & Michael Sippel

I don't think SCI allows advertising for CBL hunts at their convention.

Correct me if I'm mistaken..

I don't think SCI allows advertising for CBL hunts at their convention.

Correct me if I'm mistaken..
They do not and neither does DSC.

Of course they do not allow advertising CBL hunts...
Those rules do not however stop a couple visitors from discussing taboo subjects with well known outfitters...

IMG_20240111_153524406_HDR~3 - Copy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
For some of us who have hunted these animals with other outfitters, is there a way for us to order a skull, or this is just for those who hunted with you? Thank you for any information you can provide.

For some of us who have hunted these animals with other outfitters, is there a way for us to order a skull, or this is just for those who hunted with you? Thank you for any information you can provide.
More than happy to help out! If you send us a DM I will put you in contact with the right folks.

Kind regards

@DAK, congratulations on your hunt. Will you be posted a hunt report? Looking forward to reading it. Thanks!

I just finished a lion and PG hunt with Bayly Sippel and I cannot recommend these guys strongly enough!!! Such an incredible experience from pick up to drop off, truly top notch. If you book with them, I guarantee you won’t regret it!
I second @PARA45 ‘s request. If you’re willing, a hunt report would be fantastic.

I just finished a lion and PG hunt with Bayly Sippel and I cannot recommend these guys strongly enough!!! Such an incredible experience from pick up to drop off, truly top notch. If you book with them, I guarantee you won’t regret it!
Thank you so much for the kind words @DAK we truly appreciate it!! It was fantastic to host you and your wife. We cannot wait to see you again and look forward to the next one!

Kind regards,
Dempsey Bayly & Michael Sippel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gamgee

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.