Likely Scammer

ghay

AH enthusiast
Joined
Feb 7, 2012
Messages
337
Reaction score
275
Hunted
USA, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Namibia
I don't know if this is where to report a scammer but brand new member Yojec33 is recommending a vender to contact via email. Somehow he got into a conversation I was having and said his friend had what I was looking for. I'm pretty sure he's a scammer.
Thank you,
Gary Hay
 
I don't know if this is where to report a scammer
Thank you for reporting this account @ghay! Here is the place to report a scammer:



Thanks @BRICKBURN.
 
Another scammer, verified by original seller of the item. Good grief these guys are not very sophisticated. Anyway, here is a picture of what he sent me.
Screenshot_20250224_041323_Samsung Internet.jpg
 
Just a thought, is it possible to block these guys by the IP address and the name that they use to attempt thier scamming, that would start cutting some of this down. If they cannot immediately make another account on the same device
 
Just a thought, is it possible to block these guys by the IP address and the name that they use to attempt thier scamming, that would start cutting some of this down. If they cannot immediately make another account on the same device
@teklanika_ray, We're already doing all of that and more.
 
Rgr, thx fir all your doing. I feel like they are being swatted out pretty quickly.

Eay H.
 
Is there any chance we can get multifactor authentication @AfricaHunting.com ? It would cut the scams in half, specifically those legit members that have compromised accounts. As for preventing the new-signup scammers, that's a lot more complicated problem to solve.
 
Here's another one for you @BRICKBURN. They sent me an email over the weekend and I reported it.
 

Attachments

  • Scam.jpg
    Scam.jpg
    290.8 KB · Views: 184
Is there any chance we can get multifactor authentication @AfricaHunting.com ? It would cut the scams in half, specifically those legit members that have compromised accounts. As for preventing the new-signup scammers, that's a lot more complicated problem to solve.
Thank you @rookhawk for the suggestion, at this time we will not be implementing a multi-factor authentication. I do appreciate the suggestions that you have made over the years to better our community.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,297
Messages
1,570,966
Members
169,080
Latest member
Bianca76Y
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top