shuter

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Website
www.roboliveauthor.com
Media
Hunted
Oregon, Montana
Hi gents, I have for sale a virtually as-new VX-6 1-6x Leupold with the Firedot Duplex reticle. Was carefully mounted on a .338 that went down the road...only about 35 rounds fired in load development with the scope mounted. Best online price I can find for new (swfa.com) is $1,100...retail is now $1,430 on this model. Will sell for $850, shipped. Thanks for your interest!
IMG_3810.JPG
IMG_3811.JPG
IMG_3812.JPG
IMG_3813.JPG

Does it have CDS?

Sorry just looked at last picture sure it does

Sorry just looked at last picture sure it does
I didn't order any custom knobs or anything, but I believe it's CDS-capable? This one is just as it came from Leupold. Thanks

Shutter there should be a card in the box with paperwork indicating how to order the CDS dial.

A damn fine deal on a damn fine scope, one of the best ever to carry the Leupold name.

Thanks, CT. It'll be a great African scope for someone, for sure!

I do not believe this is a standard CDS, but I think if you contact Leupold they can supply you a CDS knob with your specs for approx sixty dollars. I have the CDS in a 3 X 10 and very nice to just turn to your range and on the money.

each scope that says "CDS" on the outside of the box has a little card on the inside of the box that tells you how to get your free CDS dial.
well, not really "free" as you paid more for the CDS boxed scope in the first place.
If CDS is not on the box, then you have to pay for the dial when you order it.
check inside the box, maybe you didn't throw the card away.

Guys, thanks for the CDS info...however, I have no interest in twirling the turrets on a 1-6x scope that might see use on DG. CDS was brought up by another forum member and this thread has gone off on that tangent for some reason. I do appreciate the feedback, but I'm looking to sell this very nice scope...anyone interested?

Hey Shuter, the reason I posted was to help you sell the scope. You may not care about the CDS, but some will. First response asked if it had CDS.
If you can find that card, you can then tell him "Why, yes, it has CDS and I have the unused card still in the box that you can order one for free."
But, most folks are like you, they're not shooting 400 yds with this scope, but some might.
good luck.

Don't want to hijack post further.....what's CDS? @shuter , I feel anything posted on AH can be learning curve for all, good luck selling the scope.

Don't want to hijack post further.....what's CDS? @shuter , I feel anything posted on AH can be learning curve for all, good luck selling the scope.

Custom Dial System - you sent Leupold your bullet weight, bullet type, velocity, etc and they will send you a customized dial so you just crank it to the range of the shot and hold dead on. You can order different dials for different loads.

Hey Shuter, the reason I posted was to help you sell the scope. You may not care about the CDS, but some will. First response asked if it had CDS.
If you can find that card, you can then tell him "Why, yes, it has CDS and I have the unused card still in the box that you can order one for free."
But, most folks are like you, they're not shooting 400 yds with this scope, but some might.
good luck.
Didn't mean to appear ungrateful! I do appreciate the info. By the way, here's that little card...and it does say they're "free", by the way:)
IMG_3841.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Now...who wants to own this incredible scope for a very fair price?!

There you go the. CDS will help sell this scope! Come on somebody step up the offered price is a deal any way you look at it. And now that we know the CDS card is there and has never been used you can mount this on any rifle and get the customized dial.

Very tempted. I've got got a leupold 4x fixed on my cz 375h&h that could benefit from a little mor magnification.

Very tempted. I've got got a leupold 4x fixed on my cz 375h&h that could benefit from a little mor magnification.
I already have one on my .375, Dave! Can't beat this scope for such a rifle. True 1x on the low end with 116' field of view and 6x on top to pick out small aiming spots in the brush, or for the occasional 250-300 yard shot at big game. Also a constant 3.80" eye relief, regardless of what power it's set on...whether a quick, close-range shot off of sticks or a deliberate long shot, you have the same eye relief/cheek weld. Most variables have a shrinking eye relief as the power increases.

Last edited:
Scope has been sold. Thanks for the interest and info!

Last edited:
I just purchased my own Leupold VX-6 1-6x24 CDS with the German 4 lit reticle. Mounted on my CZ-550 416 Rigby using 30mm Leupold CZ-550 scope rings. It has a "dovetail" that slips into the notch on the left side of the flattop on the barrel. I put 20 rounds thru that rifle this past Sunday and was shooting 3 inch groups after 4-6 rounds then I 'd let the barrel cool down and rest my shoulder abit. I was breaking the golden rule regarding shooting the 416 off the bench. I was wearing a shoulder pad and had the 416 in a Caldwell lead sled initially. After getting it dialed in at 50 yards moved out to 100 and put all that stuff away (I should have kept the pad on tho). I would have gotten a tighter group but my neighbor on the bench next to me was shooting a 338 Lapua with a muzzle break. Now I know why the PH's hate that damn contraption. I paid $850.00 including shipping on Ebay from BigFishBuddy. New In the Box shrunk wrapped and it arrived 3 days later. The rings (from Midway cost me $86.00) stayed put and kept the scope from smacking me in the head. Great glass, the red illuminated reticle helps a lot. It does come with the CDS and you just have to send in the info they request that comes with the card in the box. I've been watching the price for about a year and it hasn't deviated much from $1027 to about $976.00. So $850 is a deal. I will be using the setup for my next safari for buffalo. However the way things are going in the states I may purchase a 375 H&H and put that rascal on it for a leopard hunt instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg