Let’s see your pup

1704478943253.jpeg

My two, American Water Spaniel 1/2 brothers. Both have been shot over, the little one on the left (Boaz) has hunted ducks. Truff (2 yrs older and on right) had spent his life as a house dog with a retired gentleman who let him get away with anything including counter surfing and opening the lever exterior door to let himself outside. August 2022 delivered a twist of fate that landed both with me.
Boaz was with a family. Father hunted with him, but the family had two pre-teen boys that tormented him causing him to be skittish and to eventually bite one of the boys. He was returned to the breeder at the age of three who then placed him with the retired gent and the spoiled Truff. Two years go by and the 2 bond, then in 2022 the gentleman gets put in the hospital and dies 6 days later. The son and a friend of the family scramble to find someone to take both. Enter me.
I have had an AWS before and know of the breed stubbornness and temperament. So I got a biter who didn't trust people and a spoiled brat who had no rules. It took a while (about 10 months) but I got them both turned around. Not through yet. Doubt I will hunt them, but have had both in a tandem kayak and in the field. A rare breed that definitely keeps me on my toes.
1704480480590.jpeg

Last edited:
My apologies for the late update on Kaly. After a visit to the vet, and some blood work, Kaly was diagnosed with a bad UTI. She was obviously in a lot of pain, part of the reason she was lethargic. The weird part is that she was urinating normal. Some good antibiotics and she is back to normal. (y)

This is my current pack of Jack Russell’s, 10 month old brother/sister Rudy and Mazie. Both are already doing great at blood trailing and doing well on dry tracks also.

IMG_3375.jpeg
IMG_3294.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
That hairless is scary! I apologize if I have put this up before-BUT since you asked-my dearly deceased chessie “Riggs” and the next pic from last weekend is Judge the chessie and Rossi the lab. Both had a long cold day!
IMG_8370.jpeg
IMG_8845.jpeg

1707621919803.jpeg

I simply do not understand life without dogs.

1707622264536.jpeg

My Old Man (*passed, two weeks ago…) mixed a mean Old Fashioned.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulianneMo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.