Leopard Hunt With Hounds Special 2017

@gizmo , yes it is an option.

Simon would it be possible to hunt buff on this hunt as well? I know it would require a transfer but would it be an option?
Erik;
The standard advice on leopard hunting is to concentrate on the cat and don't reach too far for other things. I am definitely always trying to pack as much into a trip as I can but I think that is great advice. Nothing wrong with a standby plan to hunt buff if you have time after a successful cat hunt... But I would keep it strictly an optional add on that can be pre-arranged but not committed to until last second.

@gizmo if you take this deal, I'll be supremely jealous of you! I'm hoping to hunt leopard in 2018 or 2019, but just can't do it yet with work.

@ActionBob , sound advice.

Typical day, up at 03h00, start checking baits and the roads for leopard signs, usually done by 07h00, hunt for other animals until 12, break until 15h00 then out for afternoon hunting.

These two Tom's are still around and haven't been hunted. Both are great Tom's, one is really a beaut.
leopard teeth.jpg
leopard2016a.JPG

Simon,
Sounds perfect! What is the sable trophy fee on this hunt? What else is commonly hunted/encountered in your area?
I would really like to do a hunt like this.
Regards,
Philip

@Philip Glass , thanks for the interest in the hunt. Sable 3500$. Livingston eland, warthog, kudu, bushpig, bohor and common reedbuck, duiker, yellow baboon, crocodile.

Rooseveldt sable 3500$

Livingston eland 4250$
Bohor reedbuck 950$
Common reedbuck 850$
Grey duiker 375$
Sharpes grysbuck 1100$
Oribi 950$
Warthog 425$
Bushpig 550$
Crocodile 3000$
Kudu 1850$
Yellow baboon 200$
Bushbuck 875$

Philip, last year with @ActionBob , was the first time we used dogs, it was a total learning curve to me,us, and this year I will be definitely more prepared for the use of dogs. April we will be opening more roads, that will go all the way around the iselbergs/mountains and more along the river. Being able to pick up the leopards tracks crossing the roads is vital to success if they not hitting the baits.

Last edited:
Congrats.

Congrats Simon, I'm really happy for you. I know it isn't an easy job running hunts in Mozambique.

One leopard isn't AH member, second is AH member.

Glad you got them both sold Simon, best of luck on the hunts!

I will go chase Mr Spots with Simon in August. I told Simon I'm pretty mad at Mr Spots after 32 days pursuing him unsuccessfully in 2016! I'm looking forward to my first trip to Moz.
Regards,
Philip

@Philip Glass , we will do our best to put Mr Spots in the salt. Looking forward to your presence in camp and making it memorable safari.

I will go chase Mr Spots with Simon in August. I told Simon I'm pretty mad at Mr Spots after 32 days pursuing him unsuccessfully in 2016! I'm looking forward to my first trip to Moz.
Regards,
Philip
That's great news Philip! I'm sure you'll have a great time in Moz with Simon!!

Last edited:
Regards,
Philip

Good luck chasing the cat of your dreams. Hug a Sable for me too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brookbeans941

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!