www.henrygriffithsafaris.co.za
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
phasa
Hi I have 2 leopard hunts available at a reduced price.

$10000 all inclusive for one hunter for 14 days.

The hunts will take place in the North west province of south Africa, and currently we have dates available until middle May, this can change as other booked hunts are confirmed or not.

Please contact me for more information.

I would be very interested. What are my chances for success? and what size cat could I expect?
I fly into africa may 28th. I will be hunting sable in zambia may 30th to june 5th. then I will fly to johannesburg so that my wife can go hunt a leopard near kwazul natal?? (spelling) not quite to the cape but east and south of johannesburg I believe. You have talked with my ph before so you know where he is at. basically we could do it after june 5th.
I would say if you could work out a deal where you get the leopard on bait first then come meet me and ian half way to pick me up and take me to your place we could definitely do it.
Just keep in mind that I really don't have the desire to shoot a leopard under the 170lb class. I will really be looking for a 180lb and up cat. Ian forwarded me pics of the cat eating thier calves and to be honest the cat is well over 200 lbs which is why I am so excited for my wife to go and shoot it.

Let me know if we can work out a deal.

Thanks

tap,

I'm not sure about other provinces in South Africa but if it was Limpopo province what you suggest cannot be done.
We have to have a clients name and date of hunt for keeping the permit otherwise it will go to the next guy in line by the end of March.

Don't know if the North West province works on the same system.
Also just out of curiosity why weight ???
A leopard can consume up to 15-25 percent of his bodyweight in food in one sitting alone so if he weighs 150 pounds it would mean after a big sitting he would go over 170 pounds

He could be frail and old as well ?
That is after all why the record books go on skull size.

BTW if I dont reply its not becuase I'm not interested just off hunting.

Why weight? thats how I hunt. Some people look for animals with horns and I look for animals with massive bodies. I like shooting muledeer with a field dressed body weight over 250lbs. I don't hunt for horn size on certain animals. So when I say I want a 170lb leopard that usually means a 170lb starving leopard. I want an impressive mount. A cat with a massive neck, blocky shoulders and rear end and a huge head. I'm not worried about the size of the cats gut just his bodily appearance. Sorry, this whole conversation seems really comical to me.

I doubt I have ever seen a mule deer with a live weight of 250 pounds, let alone a field dressed animal. Would that not be an extraordinary deer to dress out over 250 pounds?

I have only taken two in my life time that I actually weighed in that category. Both had antlers that corresponded to their weight too.
So, they are exceptional where I hunt.

I've killed several that dressed around 275lbs. My dentist took a saskatchewan whitetail that field dressed just over 300lbs. On average muleys come in around the 130 to 150lb mark field dressed but the rocky mountain muleys killed in colorado and up north go over 300lbs. The sanora deer are much less so it just depends on the gene pool your are hunting from.

while you all are weighing your mule deer we will be leopard hunting;)

only have one leopard hunt left please contact me for more information

Henry if I could get away with it I would come and join you weighing one of those big males. The sales pitch at home would be way to difficult this year!

ahhhhh come on your killin me man! I'm gonna be down in June! Can't you kick out another hunter? maybe just kick one hunter to the curb and slip me in :) j/k

Here's what you do. You hand whatever clients you have during june the keys to your buckie/truck/car or whatever. You tell them they are free to drive around and guide themselves for the next 2 weeks. You then call me and I come down and we go leopard hunting. If your gonna make it in this business your going to have to learn to step on some toes and burn some bridges. After all, who needs repeat clients right? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AishaYpd4

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross