AH elite
Reviews
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hi Guys

Some of you already know this but finally I am able to post on AH with the compromised internet service I have.

I am in Angola and all is going well. Miss you guys and will keep in touch. Currently I am assisting with new developments for national parks and agricultur. There might be hope for Angola in the future.

I tried to upload some pictures but were unable to get them loaded.

Regards
Bossie Mostert

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope all is going well Bossie!

Can't wait to hear more about the adventure.

That sounds very interesting !

Glad to see you could get a post up about you new job. If you get some hunting opened up there I will need to look hard to see what is there to hunt.

hope the family is all settled in and all is going well for all of you.

Hi Guys

All is going well in Angola. I am still here and I am currently down south in a small town called Humpata about 25km from Lubango.
Finally it looks as if I would be able to post a few pictures and tell you about Angola and the current situation.
In the time here I came across some interesting places and people. For those of you, including myself, hoping Angola will reopen hunting, well it's going to happen but it still needs some time and plenty of education.

Currently there is no hunting regulation, firearm licensing system or any type of system that the rest of us are used to.
I have come to realize that it is a free for all except in the National Parks where there is no game left in any way.
I have only heard of it, but from what I was told there is a good breeding project established for the Giant Sable somewhere near Milange, and that could only be good news and the minimum penalty for killing one is 75 Years in jail.
IMG_20150329_111245.jpg

Me out Hunting on the banks of the Lukala River. The area is tuff to hunt and extremely dense. Home to Blue Duiker, Bushbuck, Common Crocodile and a few other critters.
IMG_20150329_112534.jpg

Typical dense vegetation in the Casolala area and Lukala river
IMG_20150517_120747.jpg

IMG_20150326_101506.jpg
a Bush market between Luanda and Ndalatando where I came across many different species like Bushbuck, Blue Duiker, Bushpig and Harvey Duiker. At this market Bushbuck were selling for 6000.00 Kwanza, Blue Duiker for 3000 Kwanza and Harvey Duiker for 4000 Kwanza. The current Kwanza to USD rate on the black market is 180 Kwanza to 1 USD.

IMG_20150326_100310.jpg

Well I don't want to leave you all with a bad memory. Angola has many very beautiful places to visit and this is just one of them.
The Kalandula Water Falls.
IMG_20150517_113245.jpg

IMG_20150517_134223.jpg

Till later. Cheers

Wow that place looks amazing. Hope to here all about angola when we get to visit with you next year when over to hunt with Pieter. Looking forward to a fun trip and letting are boys be boys out in the bush.

Howdy Bossie!

Great to hear from you and glad all is well.

Thanks for the update and the insight into Angola. Should be an interesting time for sure.

Nice to see some first hand info and photos Bossie. Stay safe.

Glad to hear from you.

Thanks for the update and keeping us apprised of the situation in Angola.

All the best, and watch your step!

looks like an adventure , bossie
love them photos
love to see them sables .........
stay safe

By my calculation, using your numbers, a blue duiker is about US$16, which seems like a lot for something not much bigger than a healthy rat!

What a good news to know about you Bossie.....!!!!

Stay safe and keep on doing well.....!!!!!

By my calculation, using your numbers, a blue duiker is about US$16, which seems like a lot for something not much bigger than a healthy rat!

Hank,

Now to get the outfitters here on AH to charge us $16 for a blue duiker!:D

Wow that place looks amazing. Hope to here all about angola when we get to visit with you next year when over to hunt with Pieter. Looking forward to a fun trip and letting are boys be boys out in the bush.

You bet Bill, as You, Peter and I have already discussed, we will make this a special family hunt.
Man with the long times away from home one actually realize how important and special those family times are.

Hank $16 does sound like a lot, here is a deal for you, you can have all 7 free of charge.
(y);)(y)

IMG_20150326_101511.jpg

Hank,

Now to get the outfitters here on AH to charge us $16 for a blue duiker!:D

Wheels,

You aren't being fair here. I know that sometimes we are told these things get sold at cost, but the outfitter really does need to mark them up and make a profit.

$28 trophy fee sounds reasonable. Don't you think? :E Big Grin:

Wheels,

You aren't being fair here. I know that sometimes we are told these things get sold at cost, but the outfitter really does need to mark them up and make a profit.

$28 trophy fee sounds reasonable. Don't you think? :E Big Grin:

I am little bit short of cash at this moment Royal......$25 sounds better to me........:ROFLMAO:

Great pictures of what looks like a wonderful country, at least it was once, hopefully it can be again. It will take time.

Good to hear all is well Bossie. Angola looks like a beautiful place. Hopefully the powers in charge will realize what wonderful natural resources they have and get a plan in place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg