LBG in Angola

Maybe BillC might know something about this very interesting monkey species.
?????

I just cant believe I need to do a monkey hunting safari now. LOL I will stalk that one down using you as a decoy in your new pink tee I give you

Here we go again :eek::rolleyes:o_O:cry:

Bob I don't start it at all. It is always the big bad PH's picking on me. I just know bossie will love his new shirt when out in the bush with me and Pieter. Aug. 2016 can not get here fast enough for me. This is one father/son group hunt I am looking forward to for sure.

Here is picture of a Reedbuck female and a Common/Gray Duiker male.
This picture was take when a local bush meat hunter walked past our camp in the Uige area. Uige is situated in the Northern part of Angola.
I am not quite sure if this would be the Southern Reedbuck or Bohor Reedbuck.
IMG-20150523-WA0033.jpg

Thanks for all the emails that everyone sent.
I have also been asked if Limpopo Big Game Safaris is still active.
Thanks for your concern, Yes Limpopo Big Game Safaris is still going strong.
I have appointed some of the best PH's and they are taking extremely good care of business.
Here are a few pictures of some of the trophies taken recently.
IMG-20150508-WA0037.jpg

An extremely nice Buffalo cow shot in the Hoedspruit area. The Buffalo was shot in the late afternoon.

IMG-20150503-WA0096.jpg
Two great looking Bushbuck from the Soutpansberg Mountains.
IMG-20150703-WA0047.jpg

Another happy hunter with his Sharpes Grysbok.
IMG-20150702-WA0013.jpg

PH JW Hofmyer and client with a Side Stripped Jackal shot on a night hunt.
IMG-20150704-WA0010.jpg

There is no laws about hunting there now that they guys can just go hunt stuff and sell it.

That is correct Bill.
There might be a law?? But its not actively implemented. Anyone who owns a gun or have the knowledge to set a trap can go and kill what ever comes accross his path.

What I have been told is that anything that can be eaten and roams in the bush belongs to the people. They see it as natural resources

One probably can't blame them for being uneducated. This is how they grew up and that is all they know.

It will take years and plenty of effort to educate them otherwise.

It will be a up hill battle to teach them other wise. Cant blame someone who wants to put food on the table for the family but I am guessing there doing more then that most of the time.

I would say they start seeing guys walking in the bush in some pink outfits they may think twice about wondering around out there. (y)

So, by the sounds of it about the pink outfit I take it you are booked for Angola whenever it reopens again.:LOL:

So, by the sounds of it about the pink outfit I take it you are booked for Angola whenever it reopens again.:LOL:

No no that must be your anti poaching outfit first. A few of you walking around will get the game numbers up in no time. I will even supply them to do my part.

Hi Bossie,

Cheers for the great photos. Looks like an amazing part of the country to be based in. My friend and I are going on a kayaking expedition along the Kwanza River this June, and are looking for information about legally purchasing / registering firearms in-country (or even renting for the trip). Do you know anyone that could help with that? We'll be starting at the river source and covering the whole 1,100km to the Atlantic coast.

Thanks,

Oz

Hi Bossie,

Cheers for the great photos. Looks like an amazing part of the country to be based in. My friend and I are going on a kayaking expedition along the Kwanza River this June, and are looking for information about legally purchasing / registering firearms in-country (or even renting for the trip). Do you know anyone that could help with that? We'll be starting at the river source and covering the whole 1,100km to the Atlantic coast.

Thanks,

Oz

sounds like a serious adventure and the report and photos that YOU WILL DO ;) are going to be very interesting reading. about the firearms from what i have heard you havent a chance for any of your options, but could be wrong ............

Happy to do a trip report upon our return. In the mean time, here's me training in London and Alfy training near Luanda!

CgQtS26WEAQX71b.jpg:large

CfCTJgsWwAIx9CI.jpg:large

Attachments

• CfCTJgsWwAIx9CI.jpg-large.jpeg
    CfCTJgsWwAIx9CI.jpg-large.jpeg
    60.5 KB · Views: 108
  • CgQtS26WEAQX71b.jpg-large.jpeg
    CgQtS26WEAQX71b.jpg-large.jpeg
    151.2 KB · Views: 114
Hi Guys

Some of you already know this but finally I am able to post on AH with the compromised internet service I have.

I am in Angola and all is going well. Miss you guys and will keep in touch. Currently I am assisting with new developments for national parks and agricultur. There might be hope for Angola in the future.

I tried to upload some pictures but were unable to get them loaded.

Regards
Bossie Mostert
Considering the major political issues being bandied about in the US this year I had to laugh when I saw LGB in Angola!

I hope you have a wonderful trip. I saw a small bit of Angola many years ago flying over it and thought to myself, "Some day... "

I'm sure many of us are looking forward to your report when you return.

Wow, reading through her I must say, wonderful job on the photography.

So much of Africa is so beautiful and there's no place on earth with such a variety of game. If all of the African countries would work at it just a little bit they could turn Africa into the premier hunting and vacationing destination in the world.

A man could spend a lifetime there with an unlimited budget and still see just a small fraction of all there is to offer.

Bossie how is the fence work at the park coming along? Aren't you installing miles of fence?

Considering the major political issues being bandied about in the US this year I had to laugh when I saw LGB in Angola!

:E Rofl:Now thats funny!

Amazing what happens when you reverse a couple of letters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ga179sale

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you