Landrover can do's

Desert safari in Dubai during a long layover.

20210715_170341.jpg


20210715_170332.jpg
 
Not mine, but I had it's sister ship from 1982-1985.

My wife and I started dating in it!

1687570051131.png


Mine since 1988 and still going strong. The only major repair was a radiator replacement in 1995 ($540.94).

1687570358797.png



$15,000 couldn't repair my Series III to make it safe to be on the road!
 
This is my daily driver now:

1687571185698.png


Probably the best vehicle I've ever owned!
 
Have you seen the 2024's???




The Toyota version may restore the Landcruiser to what is is supposed to be for the US market.
 
Last edited:
Lusaka motorshow today to sun...went and had a look...there are a few vintage/classic vehicles on display including this old land rover...

View attachment 561861View attachment 561862

Brilliant

We lived in Mazabuka in about 1966.

My dear old Dad was the only Doctor for 3000 sq miles

He would travel between clinics in the bush in a landie like that

I used to go with - we’d kip out in the bush as we went along

That was a profound time for me

First time I thought that I’d killed somebody was at aged 8 I got tangled up with the O2 tubes I was supposed to be holding for a resuss patient

My Dad turned to me and said forget it - she’s just died

I thought it was my fault

J
 
Lusaka motorshow today to sun...went and had a look...there are a few vintage/classic vehicles on display including this old land rover...

View attachment 561861View attachment 561862
During my safari in RSA in August, I mentioned the lack of Land Rovers in the bush. I was told that when you purchase a Land Rover , the dealer gave you a dog. Why, I asked. I was told that when you break down you will not be alone. Apparently the newer Landy falls short of the early ones that they built their rep on. So sad. I see it locally with jaguars also.
 
OK


I may have to get in to Land Rovers again, but not quite...



 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,240
Messages
1,569,337
Members
168,657
Latest member
vapesloveniacom
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top