Laminated wood rifle stocks

I can recommend the laminated stocks from Boyd's.

+1

I've got 3 rifles wearing Boyd's laminates in my safe.. I like them quite a bit...

the stock on my Sako 85S is factory laminated and it works fine.

I have a Boyd's laminated stock on 35 Whelen that I recently had built. Although not pretty as compared to black walnut they are very functional and considerably cheaper. Their chief drawing card is that they are less susceptible to changes in moisture content and the subsequent effect that has on accuracy.

I have a Boyd's laminated stock on 35 Whelen that I recently had built. Although not pretty as compared to black walnut they are very functional and considerably cheaper. Their chief drawing card is that they are less susceptible to changes in moisture content and the subsequent effect that has on accuracy.
Ive got a few of laminate and English walnut. Definitely easier to swallow a scratch on the laminate

Have 2 Boyds and happy with them..Only difference is they are heavier..

Couple of my posting for Boyd's gun stocks has you thinking.
Go with the thumbhole stocks. Don't forget your LOP!

I have five rifles with laminated stocks and I like them all. Not saying they are USA stocks just that I like them!

Three of my Rugers have the factory laminated stocks and I like them a lot. These are a bit heavier, but they are also stronger.

Boyds is probably the best known after-market stock provider. Another one that I've looked at for years is Richards: http://rifle-stocks.com/ Lots of options, styles, colors, etc. They also make unfinished wood stocks at reasonable prices.

Received the stock yesterday. Looks great. Checking fit today and once complete rifle is heading to my local Cerakote dealer.

IMG_1793.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1793.JPG
    IMG_1793.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 180
All finished up used a USA rifle stock,Cerakote on the stainless and installed a Timney trigger. 270 WSM Ruger looking and shooting sharp!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shelli44Y

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.