Laminated wood rifle stocks

I can recommend the laminated stocks from Boyd's.

+1

I've got 3 rifles wearing Boyd's laminates in my safe.. I like them quite a bit...

the stock on my Sako 85S is factory laminated and it works fine.

I have a Boyd's laminated stock on 35 Whelen that I recently had built. Although not pretty as compared to black walnut they are very functional and considerably cheaper. Their chief drawing card is that they are less susceptible to changes in moisture content and the subsequent effect that has on accuracy.

I have a Boyd's laminated stock on 35 Whelen that I recently had built. Although not pretty as compared to black walnut they are very functional and considerably cheaper. Their chief drawing card is that they are less susceptible to changes in moisture content and the subsequent effect that has on accuracy.
Ive got a few of laminate and English walnut. Definitely easier to swallow a scratch on the laminate

Have 2 Boyds and happy with them..Only difference is they are heavier..

Couple of my posting for Boyd's gun stocks has you thinking.
Go with the thumbhole stocks. Don't forget your LOP!

I have five rifles with laminated stocks and I like them all. Not saying they are USA stocks just that I like them!

Three of my Rugers have the factory laminated stocks and I like them a lot. These are a bit heavier, but they are also stronger.

Boyds is probably the best known after-market stock provider. Another one that I've looked at for years is Richards: http://rifle-stocks.com/ Lots of options, styles, colors, etc. They also make unfinished wood stocks at reasonable prices.

Received the stock yesterday. Looks great. Checking fit today and once complete rifle is heading to my local Cerakote dealer.

IMG_1793.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1793.JPG
    IMG_1793.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 180
All finished up used a USA rifle stock,Cerakote on the stainless and installed a Timney trigger. 270 WSM Ruger looking and shooting sharp!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
febixix695

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois