AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa
Kudu Bull.jpg

Took this Kudu this past summer near Ladysmith, South Africa.

Congratulations.
Those horn bases are quite worn and smooth.
Any more story behind this kudu?

Chased him for 3 days. Hardest of all the trophies to get but worth it. Rifle Custom Remington Model 700 30.06 Ackley 2 shots at 300 yards offhand. Took 4 of us to get him on the trailer. Can't wait to see those bases when they are done.

:eek:
congratulations!

congratulations 6MM! Nice Kudu.

He gave you a hard time, you will appreciate his trophy much more.

Congratulations !

great Kudu..

Very nice Kudu, Congratulations.

View attachment 8883

Took this Kudu this past summer near Ladysmith, South Africa.

Respect 6 mm!
I have a lot of respect for sucessful kudu hunters - they are one of the most difficult hunts (to me) in densely vegetated areas. See my post under Shot Placement Enigma - happened to me in July this year - i am still suffering from this incident!

Just wondering...as your site name is "6 mm"...whith what caliber did you take this one?

Nice Kudu! congratulations!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JJweasel77

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.