Kudu Expectations Vs Realities

Black Fly

AH senior member
Reaction score
Hunted
Namibia
I would really look into what experience you want to remember. For me, it was unfenced country. With my thin wallet that meant Namibia. The kudu and springbok and gemsbok there get bigger. There were also natural and historic things that really added to the experience. For me, coming onto petroglyphs while hunting really added to the experience. A PH that you click with makes it all come together.
Short answer Central Namibia for kudu. Give a thought to some little guys for truly fun hunting for lower animal costs. They can be harder won trophies than the big ones. Just bring home euro mounts or the horns and skull plates. Shipping and processing is crazy expensive.
Did i mention big kudu and central Namibia?
Bfly

lwaters

Bronze supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Texas,Namibia,Kansas, Missouri, Wyoming, Colorado, Idaho, South Africa, New Zealand
You never know when that special trophy will show up. My second animal I toke in Africa.
Screenshot_20190206-201915.jpeg

One Day...

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Website
www.huntershillsafaris.co.za
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
PHASA
Hunted
Europe, America, Canada, Africa
Eastern Cape 51" Kudu taken with Jason Olivier, Head PH for Huntershill Safaris, Queenstown, Eastern Cape, South Africa.

DSC00603.JPG

Last edited:

Scott CWO

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
SCI, WSF, RMEF, GSCO, and NRA
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Mozambique x3, Tanzania and CAR. Tajikistan, Canada, Mexico, AK, WY, NM, SD, CO, UT, AZ, NV
Take a peek at the Duckworth family's free range Coutada 9 area in Mozambique for large kudu, nyala, etc... The name of their outfit is Mokore Safaris. They have done a wonderful job with anti-poaching and conservation. Prices are reasonable for daily rates and trophy fees. Kudu running everywhere and lots of other species. Should be able to get a 50"- 55" bull.

shootist~

Bronze supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA Life Member, USPSA Certified Range Officer (inactive), NRA Certified Instructor (inactive)
Hunted
USA, Mexico
Well it's official - we will be off off to Limpopo Province come July 2020!

Thanks again for all the sage advice and pictures.

Joe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

mbogo45 wrote on Jager Waffen74's profile.
Appreciate your info and feedback, I looked at some European websites to try and get info on the value of this particular Steyr. Further input from you on it's value would be appreciated as you have a bunch of them. I assume you collect the Steyr Luxus for a reason ---they are a finely built rifle.
I’ll never hunt Africa, but give me please a Jack O’Connor hunt up high in the Canadian Rockies!
Just came from a hunt and already longing for the bush
JPmbogo wrote on yhc's profile.
I have factory loaded Hornady 450 NE 3 1/4 DGS that I am selling for not much more than the brass itself at $75/box - see my listing for same.