Judging Sable

wswat - If he looks to have mass and age (thick chest, dark black, sagging belly, etc...) and most importantly, you have enjoyed the stalk and you think he is beautiful...put him on the wall and don't worry about the inches.

Buff-Buster has to continue to torture me with his avatar :hail:....one day me an Mr. Sable will have a meeting :). On the last trip, I said "bang" with my gun pointed at a nice sable, no monster but he was "nice".

Buff-Buster has to continue to torture me with his avatar :hail:....one day me an Mr. Sable will have a meeting :). On the last trip, I said "bang" with my gun pointed at a nice sable, no monster but he was "nice".

LOL my "air" gun gets a good work out too!!!

Sorry Eric..not the intent for sure...lol I've always said "I'd rather be lucky , than good". That was definately the case with my Sable. I'd love to be there when you and Mr Sable have that meeting! Drinks would be on me!

That 43 incher looks very familiar to me, that s my good friend and hunting buddy Luis, with PH Ekstian in the Limpopo, where I ll be in a week s time :whoo: :barmy:

That 43 incher looks very familiar to me, that s my good friend and hunting buddy Luis, with PH Ekstian in the Limpopo, where I ll be in a week s time :whoo: :barmy:

Time to upgrade that hunt :daydreaming:? :tongue:

These are all nice trophies above......Sable are one of the most majestic of the Antelope anywhere...

Here is one I shot in June of this year in Limpopo Province.. Horns measured 44"

One frontal shot at 224 Yds. Using my Griffin and Howe 30.06.

There is no Ground Shrinkage on these guys. (Bigger than they Look when u get close)

IMG_0779.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marquesgriffin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois