Judging Sable

wswat - If he looks to have mass and age (thick chest, dark black, sagging belly, etc...) and most importantly, you have enjoyed the stalk and you think he is beautiful...put him on the wall and don't worry about the inches.
 
Buff-Buster has to continue to torture me with his avatar :hail:....one day me an Mr. Sable will have a meeting :). On the last trip, I said "bang" with my gun pointed at a nice sable, no monster but he was "nice".
 
Buff-Buster has to continue to torture me with his avatar :hail:....one day me an Mr. Sable will have a meeting :). On the last trip, I said "bang" with my gun pointed at a nice sable, no monster but he was "nice".

LOL my "air" gun gets a good work out too!!!
 
Buff-Buster has to continue to torture me with his avatar :hail:....one day me an Mr. Sable will have a meeting :). On the last trip, I said "bang" with my gun pointed at a nice sable, no monster but he was "nice".

Sorry Eric..not the intent for sure...lol I've always said "I'd rather be lucky , than good". That was definately the case with my Sable. I'd love to be there when you and Mr Sable have that meeting! Drinks would be on me!
 
That 43 incher looks very familiar to me, that s my good friend and hunting buddy Luis, with PH Ekstian in the Limpopo, where I ll be in a week s time :whoo: :barmy:
 
That 43 incher looks very familiar to me, that s my good friend and hunting buddy Luis, with PH Ekstian in the Limpopo, where I ll be in a week s time :whoo: :barmy:

Time to upgrade that hunt :daydreaming:? :tongue:
 
These are all nice trophies above......Sable are one of the most majestic of the Antelope anywhere...

Here is one I shot in June of this year in Limpopo Province.. Horns measured 44"

One frontal shot at 224 Yds. Using my Griffin and Howe 30.06.

There is no Ground Shrinkage on these guys. (Bigger than they Look when u get close)




IMG_0779.jpeg
 
Last edited:
IMG-20240608-WA0018.jpg

I took this one in June in the Limpopo province 43 inc.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,393
Messages
1,574,913
Members
170,193
Latest member
clouddesk
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top