Judging my eland

If I had one regret about this hunt, I wish I had my .416 Rigby with me... Her name is Betty. I opted to use the PH's hire weapon, a beautiful .375 Westley Richards, but I wasn't too familiar with her or the ammo. Although my shots were all lethal( no gut shots or random locations) The eland would just not succumb immediately. Let me just say, I cried a lot that day..I highly advise one to take a high calibre weapon and ammo for a massive eland.. I don't know much at all with hunting, but I do know I wish I had my Betty on that day.
 
You go Girl! Magnificent trophy. Need to put one of these great animals on my list for the next trip.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,299
Messages
1,571,123
Members
169,115
Latest member
perstivjoper1981
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top