Judging my eland

hes a cracker jane that second photo of him does the animal justice
thanks for showing us

hes a cracker jane that second photo of him does the animal justice
thanks for showing us

Here in the states a "cracker" is usually how one refers to a southern bigot or racist. I know you aint from around these parts.:rolleyes: No worries!

Oh snap!! Are we talking about my eland or the PH? Just messing
Hahahaahahahahahahahahahahahah! I can't stop laughing!!! No worries man!! Frigging hilarious!!! I am beyond flattered!!!!!!
I can't express with mere words my pure delight!!!
GIJ hahahahahhahahah best comment ever!!!!!!!!! I know exactly what you were conveying with your commment dear sir (bluey) and I thank you for the boost of confidence.
Jane

The eland is much more enticing without me in the photo.. for sure!!! :)

Really fine bull Jane. "Last and final" - jeez hope not. Get back over there and walk up another one!

Thanks Red Leg!!! If I hunted again, it would be for a buff. I jones for another buff-hunt yet at the same time I would be terrified to try one more time...but damn what an experience.... Just no way in Hell I could ever afford it again.. Sigh.. Maybe after the kids graduate and I start making it as a photographer...

I love this forum...
Jane

Jane, I concur with all previous posters in saying your Eland is magnificent !

One of my outstanding regrets is that whilst hunting around the Gwaii area back in 2000 I passed up a shot on a very similar animal and came home without one !
An issue that MUST be rectified.

Thank-you for sharing, great pics too by the way.

Best wishes for the very best of hunting luck,

Paul.

My Regards Paul!
I wanted an eland for my very first hunt but there were none on quota.. Next hunt there were none to be found. I did get a beautiful waterbuck (2011 Nov./ Savuli) on that adventure (there's a good story behind that as well). Fast forward to June 19-29, 2012, Just me, alone and the A-Team.. We six together are a well-oiled machine. I've been on 3 other hunts with these fellows after all, I paid attention.
I have to have that eland., I have been challenged by my father.. Just like the buffalo.. Damn.
I harvested my quarry on day# 4, 22 Jun, 2012, at about 08:30 am. On that day we also celebrated the PH's Birthday with his family and the rest of the team and we got tipsy together around the fire that night. The next morning we drove to Gonarezhou National Park , and the rest of the time we all spent fishing on the Save and Rundhe river banks (hope spelled that right), drinking castle beer, eating and enjoying the night sounds around the fire at Chilo Gorge Safari lodge.. It was truly epic... truly beyond words...
Jane

now janey mate that's was not what l was getting at .
that angle made the true size of that outstanding animal apparent
and ses ole cob in these parts a cracker is a compliment in the highest order
im neither racisist nor bigot , in fact if l don't like some one or something l let em know exactly the same, no, matter what what color ,religion or opinion
but thanks for letting me know
is there any other words that might get my in the bad books , if used incorrectly
as sooner or later l will be getting in some parts of America ?:confusion2::laughing:

No problem!! You make me laugh!!! I promise I am not offended!! It's all hilarious to me! Any questions you might have regarding our culture I will answer as best as I can... When are you coming and WTF are you coming here? ;) Just kidding of course....
Bless!
Jane

He's a very nice eland, I would be proud!

Thanks Nyati!!
Where are you going? I have to say, the first time I saw an eland bull I was completely blown-away. The way their muscles ripple when they run, they are so large yet so agile. They are truly a magnificent animal. Good luck and I am quite envious... I was very lucky to have taken this animal. Very blessed indeed.

Cheers!!
Can't wait to hear more about your next hunt!!!!!

Hi Jane, I will be hunting in the Limpopo Province of RSA, a farm near Steenbokpan, where I hunted in 2008. They have huge Elands, last year they took one which probably made n 5 in RW !

But I am hardly interested in horn size, I want an old bull, like yours, which after four hunts in RSA I still haven t found. So I hope I will have better luck in three weeks time.

I promise a full report and tons of pics !

now janey mate that's was not what l was getting at .
that angle made the true size of that outstanding animal apparent
and ses ole cob in these parts a cracker is a compliment in the highest order
im neither racisist nor bigot , in fact if l don't like some one or something l let em know exactly the same, no, matter what what color ,religion or opinion
but thanks for letting me know
is there any other words that might get my in the bad books , if used incorrectly
as sooner or later l will be getting in some parts of America ?:confusion2::laughing:
Ah, the wonders of email and texting etc! I know very well how you meant it bluey. Never meant to imply otherwise. Meant in fun!:rockon:

miss janey thinks it pretty funny aswell mate :thumb:

That is a very nice eland gijane! And he looks like an old boy to boot. Hopefully he didn't come easy and provided you with a great hunt.
Well done!

I think this next time will be the time!!!!! I am keeping my fingers crossed for you Nyati!!!

Jane, that is a great bull and you should be extremely happy with him. Are you planning on doing a full shoulder mount on him? That would look great on the wall for sure. I would love to take one that nice some day but it will have to wait until trip #3 or 4. I just did trip #1 this past April and have to save up brownie points with the wife for the next trip in a few years. Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Jane, that is a great bull and you should be extremely happy with him. Are you planning on doing a full shoulder mount on him? That would look great on the wall for sure. I would love to take one that nice some day but it will have to wait until trip #3 or 4. I just did trip #1 this past April and have to save up brownie points with the wife for the next trip in a few years. Awesome, thanks for sharing!

gday sanderson 0203 you don't need brownie points to get back there mate you need to say; l really want you to expirence all that Africa has my love its people and its places ,just wait till you smell the smells and listen to the doves every morning . it really is something that l want to share with you .
bingo youre looking for cheap air plane tickets
it worked with my better half .until a big speed hump got dumped in the middle of the road to Africa just lately and now we are postponing it for a bloody year .
but it could get you there sooner mate

Many thanks Sanderson, I understand about your wife.. There's nothing wrong with that.. I happen to be extremely lucky to travel to Zim and get him on my fourth hunt. Many may hate me for this, but I have never hunted in my life until my first buff hunt. I am a spoiled brat and have been very fortunate to have hunted with the same team, in an area that was very nice. My obsession with that eland broke the bank for me, but I don't regret it one bit. You are a good man for considering your wife's needs. I respect that very much!! My mom has my dad to deal with and often times she hasn't had that type of respect. What this means is that your next hunt will be that more special, hopefully she will go with you!!

Bluey couldn't have put it better, "l really want you to expirence all that Africa has my love its people and its places ,just wait till you smell the smells and listen to the doves every morning . it really is something that l want to share with you".
Damn, now that's true romance... Well-said Mr. Bluey...

And yes, I am doing the full shoulder-mount just having the hide tanned. I will defo post pics when finished.
Kindest Regards and good things come to those who wait Sand man!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsmaelMorg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg