John Rigby rifle

I question about it cos Ive read some feedind issues


From my experiences I will never purchase another bolt action DGR .375 H&H thru the .500’s without knowing 100% that the seller has the technical ability , proper skill sets, machines and available parts to make the rifle feed and function as a DGR. Marc at Rigby London has the crew to do this. Only a very small number of American gunbuilders have the skill sets to do this work.

If you do research you will find a common theme “Big Bore CRF Rifles Can Have Feeding Problems”. You will find many Big Bore rifles from the top tier US custom gun builders, actions and rifles from the famous German and European Mauser manufactures , and semi custom rifles from GMA, Mauser, Rigby, Dakota, have feeding issue histories on brand new rifles.

I will never purchase a used DGR without the ability to test the complete non firing , for the feeding , ejection and function of the rifle. Many DGR custom rifles get put in safes and never get fired . It’s not easy finding a qualified gunsmith who has the time to correct feeding problems with these rifles. It also can become quite expensive having one of the top gunsmiths doing the work.Only once a rifle is thoroughly function tested would I consider the purchase. When you get one of these Magnum Mauser’s to feed and function properly it is one of the most enjoyable experiences in the hunting rifle world.
 
Depends on how much engraving is on the rifle and whether you get wood upgrades, but starting at around $15000.

I’ve seen them a little lower than that, $13,500 to $14,000. A truly excellent rifle.
 
I've checked it without shooting. Loading and feeding and extracting many times and the gun seems work fine
 
  • Like
Reactions: WAB
I've checked it without shooting. Loading and feeding and extracting many times and the gun seems work fine
great now book a hunt in Africa so we can field test it!
 
Recknagel ERA G9 Plus
 
John Rigby & Co. rifles are an extremely solid product . Unlike most makers of English bespoke bolt action rifles ( who employ Mayfair Engineering Mauser M98 action’s ) , John Rigby & Co . employ Waffen Prechtll Mauser M98 action’s which leave nothing to be desired .

The customer service department at John Rigby & Co . recommend these rifles with Federal Trophy Bonded or Norma PH factory loaded ammunition . Unlike many other traditional British bespoke rifle makers ( like George Gibbs , Holland & Holland and Westley Richards ) , they do not discourage the use of monolithic solid brass bullets in their products .
 
John Rigby & Co. rifles are an extremely solid product . Unlike most makers of English bespoke bolt action rifles ( who employ Mayfair Engineering Mauser M98 action’s ) , John Rigby & Co . employ Waffen Prechtll Mauser M98 action’s which leave nothing to be desired .

The customer service department at John Rigby & Co . recommend these rifles with Federal Trophy Bonded or Norma PH factory loaded ammunition . Unlike many other traditional British bespoke rifle makers ( like George Gibbs , Holland & Holland and Westley Richards ) , they do not discourage the use of monolithic solid brass bullets in their products .




The current Mauser Magnum 98 actions used on both the Rigby and Mauser rifles is now made in-house by the Blaser Group in Isny Germany, Prechtl has not been making the current Blaser Group Mauser actions for quite sometime.
 
The current Mauser Magnum 98 actions used on both the Rigby and Mauser rifles is now made in-house by the Blaser Group in Isny Germany, Prechtl has not been making the current Blaser Group Mauser actions for quite sometime.
@NWT
Thank you very much for correcting me .
 
Hi.
I recently went through pretty thorough research on the current remanufacture of the “Mauser branded” Mauser 98 Magnum action built over the past 35 years or so . I found three different Mauser branded manufacturers over that time, Rhinemetal , Prechtl, Blaser Group. I have owned a Prechtl version and own the current Mauser/Blaser version. As Marc Newton at Rigby will tell you , these (Mauser/Blaser) actions are the same Magnum Mauser actions used in his firms rifles.
 
The customer service department at John Rigby & Co . recommend these rifles with Federal Trophy Bonded or Norma PH factory loaded ammunition . Unlike many other traditional British bespoke rifle makers ( like George Gibbs , Holland & Holland and Westley Richards ) , they do not discourage the use of monolithic solid brass bullets in their products .

This is most interesting information.
It is first time I hear this.

Do you know what may be the reason for discouraging owners from using monolithic solids?
 
This is most interesting information.
It is first time I hear this.

Do you know what may be the reason for discouraging owners from using monolithic solids?
@mark-hunter
Over the years , I have observed that the bulk of the English gunmakers are extremely conservative in the manner by which they build their arms . For example , George Gibbs and Holland & Holland are very reluctant to regulate their rifles for anything other than Kynoch ammunition . The same also goes for Westley Richards . The owner of George Gibbs Gunmakers ( Mr, Mark Crudgington ) also offers no warranty for his rifles being used with monolithic brass bullets . He still strongly believes that monolithic brass bullets can prematurely wear out barrel rifling . But we ( the consumer market ) now know that this is not necessarily true . Many individuals have now been using monolithic solid brass bullets in their rifles for almost 30 years without suffering any adverse consequences .

John Rigby & Co . is the exception to this trend .
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,413
Messages
1,575,398
Members
170,311
Latest member
EmilBoatri
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top