Jim Green Boots Report

Rare Breed

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Joined
Dec 23, 2018
Messages
7,809
Reaction score
20,934
Location
Atlanta GA
Media
42
Articles
1
Hunting reports
Africa
6
I have bought and tried to wear three pairs of Courtney’s to no avail. I bought a pair oh Jim Green boots and nirvana!!!!
1. lighter than Courtney
2. Great arch support versus need for a support with Courtbey
3. No blisters on pinky toe versus Courtney
4. Side by side you can’t tell the difference between the two
4. Half the price of courtney
5. Just as quiet as Courtney
Without question I have become a huge fan of Jim Green Boots!!!
 
I want to try them at DSC show this year. My Courtney’s look good but feel so heavy. I never had issue with arch support, but I did have bad pinky toe blisters until I got a boot stretcher with a toe stretcher insert.
 
I have found that both those brands need an inside cushion sole for all day walking. However I do agree that Mr green makes a good shoe for the money.
 
Did you size down for the Jim greens?
I have a #9 stamp in my rangers and wear a size 10E USA if that is helpful?
I love my buffalo hide Jim Green rangers, I just spent my weekend checking water troughs , walking miles In loose powdery bull dust and rocks .

Has anyone worn out their soles and had them replaced yet? I haven’t but am wondering what soles I should have my cobbler use?
 
I ordered a pair of Rangers in the size I wear Courtney's. 11.5 US. Could not get my foot in them. To narrow and short for my foot. I really wanted try a pair. I may order a 12 and just see if they might fit.

Would appreciate any feedback on sizing.
 
Awesome! Glad to hear they are good to go. (y)
 
I have bought and tried to wear three pairs of Courtney’s to no avail. I bought a pair oh Jim Green boots and nirvana!!!!
1. lighter than Courtney
2. Great arch support versus need for a support with Courtbey
3. No blisters on pinky toe versus Courtney
4. Side by side you can’t tell the difference between the two
4. Half the price of courtney
5. Just as quiet as Courtney
Without question I have become a huge fan of Jim Green Boots!!!
Thank you for this, I just ordered my first pair of Jim Green boots this past week, anxiously awaiting their arrival.
 
Did you size down for the Jim greens?
I had to size up. I measured as instructed, ordered a pair of size 13 US and had to send them back because they were too short. The 14s are a decent fit for my narrow feet.
 
I have bought and tried to wear three pairs of Courtney’s to no avail. I bought a pair oh Jim Green boots and nirvana!!!!
1. lighter than Courtney
2. Great arch support versus need for a support with Courtbey
3. No blisters on pinky toe versus Courtney
4. Side by side you can’t tell the difference between the two
4. Half the price of courtney
5. Just as quiet as Courtney
Without question I have become a huge fan of Jim Green Boots!!!
where did you buy them
 
This is their website

I wear a 10.5 US and the 10.5 Ranger fits well.

I agree that they are incredibly quiet. i found the leather insole that came with my pair to be less than ideal, so I replaced it with an insole from an old walking shoe and found a better fit with less slop.
 
Funny enough, I also wore Courteneys every day, sent 3 pairs in for refurb and bought 2 pairs of Jim Green Rangers (1 x normal, 1 x buffalo).

Nothing wrong with them, but I am missing my Courteneys. If you want a buffalo leather, no one can work that better than Courteney.
 
Looking at getting a pair of rangers but they don't offer a width option. I have feet like a hobbit and need a large / wide toe box! Those that have worn them would you say the standard width is about normal, narrow, or wide?
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,448
Messages
1,576,486
Members
170,590
Latest member
SibylV9662
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top