Is my trophy big enough?

TXHUNTER338

AH senior member
Joined
Jan 27, 2017
Messages
49
Reaction score
121
Location
Texas
Media
8
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
1
Member of
DSC, SCI, RMEF, DU
Hunted
USA , South Africa , Alaska , Canada
Just returned from my first African Safari . I was lucky enough to collect a 58.5" greater kudu .
I am wandering if that is enough to qualify for SCI Book .
 
Guaranteed GOLD MEDAL. Assuming it has both horns.

Pictures?
Hunt report?
 
it didn't happen unless there is pics and a hunt report on AH. And Welcome:S Welcome:
 
Congratulations on your trip & trophy. Based on your measurements... yes I’m
Sure it will score “something”. However, my 2 cents.... forget that shit. The hunt, the memory, experience, etc... is way more valuable that being listed & lost in the annals of some cheesy ass book.
Sorry to be blunt. You have a great trophy!
 
Yes that will be Gold on SCI and will qualify you for Rowland Ward.
 
That's an awesome Kudu! Post pictures and details!
 
-1.jpg
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 741
Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry , I posted a pick on the first post but it didn't go thru
 
Congratulations on your trip & trophy. Based on your measurements... yes I’m
Sure it will score “something”. However, my 2 cents.... forget that shit. The hunt, the memory, experience, etc... is way more valuable that being listed & lost in the annals of some cheesy ass book.
Sorry to be blunt. You have a great trophy!
 
Dude that is sweet! Congratulations! Now you have to tell us the story.
 
That Kudu is a stud for sure. Definitely gold medal. What outfit did you hunt with?
Infinito Safaris in the Limpopo region of rsa
The were excellent ! Everything exceeded their promises at the DSC SHOW where I booked the hunt .
 
Very nice bull taken exactly where you would expect a trophy like that to be hiding.
Steep hill, heavy bush...

Congrats.
 
This was my first trip to Africa , and I went to three DSC shows before I could make up my mind . When I met Charl this year tho I was convinced , he seemed to be the most honest and concerned about my first trip being successful . He wasn't the cheapest but his accommodations , food, and amount of game were outstanding!
Gawie my guide was the bomb , he worked way above and beyond what I was expecting ..... Even when I gave up on getting a duiker he just handed me a shotgun and told me we weren't going back without one and sure enough he was right .
Best of all it was as fair chase as you could want , I could be off some on my conversions but I'm pretty sure we are talking 70k acres
 
I am really proud of all the trophies I took on this trip regardless of size I was just curious of out the kudu ..... And if you haven't hunted them yet , duikers are the anti-Christ , I'm sure of it !
 
I'm there with you !
I figured my next trip would be for one or more of the big five but now I'm thinking the Tiny Ten would be more fun !!!!
 
Just returned from my first African Safari . I was lucky enough to collect a 58.5" greater kudu .
I am wandering if that is enough to qualify for SCI Book .

You may never even see one this big again, in fact I'd be inclined to put money on it that you won't. Very special trophy, congrats!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,286
Messages
1,571,710
Members
169,399
Latest member
JulianePon
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top