Iron sights options

I have a barrel mounted ghost ring on my .375 and a receiver ghost ring on my .458 Lott. Both are excellent. If setting up a new rifle I would likely go with the bbl mounted sight to avoid having to keep track of the loose sight when the scope is mounted. I was initially concerned about the accuracy of a bbl mounted ghost ring but it is not an issue at all.
@WAB
I know this is off track but I just fitted a strange looking barrel mounted ghost ring on my Model 92 lever action. Never tried it before but this on is brilliant, quick and easy. I have yet to sigh it in but far better than the original.
Bob
Screenshot_20210628-092938_Chrome.jpg

Weird looking but great for my old eyes
 
Looks good front sight is just a bit non robust for the African bush....
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,439
Messages
1,576,347
Members
170,552
Latest member
allamerican37
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top